hi all and seasons greetings to everyone at NMP
i am about to enter my 17th week [can hardly believe i stuck it out this long as i read this] of Citalopram.
presently my dose is 40mg[nearly 4 wks on this dosage].
i do find that my progress has def improved at 40mg and the 'blips' as it were are less frequent, but there is one experience that i find harder to cope with, as until i was prescribed Cit this never happened - and that is the feelings of depersonalisation/derealisation [thanks Poet, I found the correct name for them in your survival guide!]
it really messes with me when i find myself what can only be described as 'zoning out', or looking at myself in the mirror and seeing a stranger, or hearing the sound of my voice in conversation and feeling like it is someone else, or feeling so distant from your family like you dont know them anymore.....those are just some examples of my experiences, and since i have not found any comments about these feelings, i thought i would let my 'madness' be publicised!!
can anyone empathise with these experiences [ i have plenty more examples to share!!] i really am trying to erase them from my mind, but if anything it is v tiring and emotional to do...i had hoped that after 4 months, i would see more improvements............