Now this is not to cause anyone to be more anxious, or to be negative, but to help people. Since I've been on this forum a common trend when someone complains of a symptom is that most (not everyone, I know) people tell them it's "just anxiety". This is very comforting and reassuring for those like myself who have have trouble coming to grips that such frightening things can occur out of an anxious state.

However, I also find doctors falling into this trap as well. The thing is, not everything is "just anxiety". Use common sense, do not try to diagnose yourself, get yourself to a doctor you feel comfortable with and get their opinion. There are a lot of diseases, infections, etc. that get overlooked as just anxiety. Falsely reassuring some folks can perpetuate their suffering if they do not get appropriate medical treatment.

I've been told by multiple doctors, neurologists, psychiatrists, psychologists that I'm suffering from "just anxiety" or "just depression". I've finally gotten to some better professionals and that may not be the case (solely). Yes, I suffer from anxiety, no it may not be the sole explanation for my symptoms. Some underlying medical problems have been found. You have to remember there are many medical causes for anxiety and depression. It is not solely a psychiatric issue. It's not a magic, imaginary state that exists only in your mind, there is physiology behind it.

Now, I am not saying do not listen to the people on here. This forum is one of the best things I've ever found and it is immensely helpful. Just, follow your instincts, use common sense, and get yourself checked out. If you feel you are being brushed off by your doctor or they are not taking you seriously, go to a different one.

I just don't want anyone to suffer unnecessarily.