Hi,

I've been on and off Seroxat for years (20 plus) and at this moment in time i'm taking 30mg Seroxat plus 75mg Amitriptyline. I was given the Ami'tyline to help me withdraw off the Seroxat slowly, but had to return back to taking it when my husband was diagnosed with cancer.

I'm now a fulltime carer as my husband has terminal prostate cancer, so obviously i;m under a lot of stress. BUT i'm certain that the seroxat is making me feel much worse. I have mood swings where i feel quite good and can cope with day to day stuff, and then after 2 or 3 weeks, i get so depressed that i cant cope with anything, and cry alot. This seems to be 'the norm' for me and has been for quite a few years now. So i'm thinking (a) am i bi-polar? and (b) should i change my midication? I've been reading some posts on here about swapping to Sertraline. My GP doesn't have the slightest idea about coming off anti-depressants, so i am thinking of asking a pharmacist in a chemist for his opinion. Maybe ask 2 or 3 pharmacists what they think. All i know is that Seroxat has ruined my life and am sick to death of it. I have no life whilst i'm taking it.

Your opinions or advice would be very welcome. Thanx. xx