Hi Guys

I had a blood test in October, GP said it was normal, although his receptionist said it had "low blood count" on it when I called for the results. I assumed this was my old iron deficiency again. But I went for a smear test last month and the nurse said it was my white blood count that was low, not red. She put the fear of God in me by saying it could be an infection, and I scoured the web for diseases, coming across Aids and cancer all the time. GP did another blood test 3 weeks ago and it turned out fine - he said the white blood count wasnt low at all, and that even if it had been marginally low, it would have been normal as I have a Thalessemia gene, which is in the red blood cells but also makes the white ones look a bit low. Does this sound ok? I mean, if there was anything serious in the blood test, is he legally obligated to tell me and send me for further tests, or would a GP keep it quiet to stop patient panicking? I'm terrified all the time in case my anxiety symptoms indicate something physical, so please forgive me if I sound a little paranoid.

Anxiety Is Evil