Thread: Moomu's Cit Diary

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moomu's Cit Diary

Going to keep a daily diary of my experience with CIT (20mg). maybe it'll be helpful to people considering trying CIT for their condition.

I have had agrophobia for 9 years, only in the past 3 years has it improved any, also for the past 5 days i've been suffering from globus hystericus and found it really hard to swallow foods because of it, so heres hoping that sometime soon i'll be on the road to normality!

You're welcome to comment or ask questions daily, we're all in the same boat here, no matter what portion of the overall Phobia-monster is causing us problems!

Day 1
    Took the first pill at 4:46pm, roughly an hour after my partner gets out of work, so she can always prod me and remind me to take it if i forget.
    Within an hour i started to feel all kinds of weird, but strangely enough nothing too horrible yet, slight nasua.
    A few hours later, about 9pm, jaw feels funny, as if it's now relaxed, given that it's been tense for the past 6 days with me stressing out over not being able to swallow food properly, this is actually kind of re-assuring.
    Almost midnight now and other than the relaxed jaw and neck muscles feeling maybe a little too relaxed, i went ahead and took my nightly dose of gaviscon, which was a little harder than usual to swallow thanks to my neck and jaw, so far though things are looking okay.

Day 2
    Morning so far, not due to take next pill till 4:40pm ish, however had quite a bit of trouble sleeping, got about 2 hours sleep the whole night, felt a bit weird now and then and found yawning too hard made me feel a little sick, managed to eat a ham sandwhich this morning however, without putting butter on it too (which i had done previously to make it easier to swallow), panicy feeling when about to swallow was still there but less obvious.
    I doubt i will be eating solids like i used to so early on of course, but i despite the overall groggy slightly fuzzy feeling i have, i'm finding it hard to think negatively.
    For the past week i've done nothing but panic over my swallowing problem, yet after a few hours of taking my first cit pill i spent about 2 minutes the entire night actually thinking about it, so i'm looking foward to what the future holds with this route.
    I'm expecting the side effects to get worse over the next few weeks as more and more of the drug gets in to my system, but having read horror stories in the past of people puking and feeling like crap within hours of taking the first pill, i'm actually pleasantly surprised at how light the side effects currently are - of course, in a weeks time i may well feel completely different! :P

Evening - Taken second pill, made me a little edgey for an hour or so then i was fine again, around 10pm (5 hours after taking it) i had a really dry mouth that was making it hard to swallow, however after an hour or so this subsided, and unlike the first night i was actually able to get a fair amount of sleep, i'd say between 5 and 6 hours sleep total (went to sleep at midnight, got up around 8).
    Last edited by moomu; 21-04-11 at 10:11.

Thread Information