After reading a few of the other threads I thought I should clarify a point about sedation.

It seems from some of you (not sure which countries) had sedation rather than a throat spray and as a result you was completely out of the game, effectively you was asleep.

I have had two endoscopies with my first being with sedation and this is not my memory of it at all so sedation could well mean different levels of sedation in different parts of the world. I speak for sedation in the UK and this merely made me a bit drowsy but I wasnt asleep and it made for a drawn out uncomfortable examination lasting about 10 minutes longer than with the spray. I remember i was gagging on the endoscope quite a bit and found it hard to relax and breath.

I compare this to my recent endo where I had the throat spray and it was literally in, spray throat, lie down, insert camera, 2 to 3 minutes looking around then out. swallowing the endoscope tip wasnt nice but i tell you what it was far better than my experience of it under sdeation. although i had a slight gag reflex it was much easier to overcome than when i had the sedation.

I just thought it best to raise a bit of awareness in case everyone thought sedation wherever you are means you simply go to sleep. I dont think this is the case.

what do you remember about your endoscopy?