Hi all,
I'm not new to this sight, and certainly not new to anxiety/depression disorders. I have suffered with anxiety for the last 10 years, on and off, and have been on medication just the same.
I started taking Zoloft earlier this year again, after falling off the wagon yet again, suffering from anxiety and struggled a little with the early days from the side effects, of fuzzy head, more anxiety, depressed more, loss of appetite,...you know, all the good ones! Anyway, was great for a while, travelled overseas with my husband and kids for 2 months and had a wonderful time....came back and as always would forget to take my medication because I was feeling so good, so basically I just came of them. Stress is getting the better of me again, so I have decided to go back on my meds.....I've put it off because of those horrible side effects, but I figured, I can't keep going around doing my head in constantly until I get out of control. My anxiety hasn't been as bad this time round, but I thought I'd get in quick, before it does get worse. This time round, insstead of starting on 25mg of Zoloft, fear got the better of me, and i slit it in half and only took 12.5mg. It has had an effect on me as I feel fuzzy and tired, not so anxious.....but I thought i'd gradually increase it and see if the side effects are lessened because of the smaller dose.
Now all I need to do is to try to break out of this depressed feeling....a little to do with my mother been taken to hospital last week, thinking that she'd had a stroke, thankfully she was ok, but still the worry is there and then I start thinking about my kids and if anything happened to them, etc....and I just do my head in. I know what will be will be, but we seem to quite often take people for granted that they will always be around, and yet we know they won't be, and the scares the hell out of me.
I don't know how to break out of this thought pattern at the moment, I know in time, the meds will kick in and I will feel much better...in the meantime I just have to keep trying to fight these thoughts! What makes it hard is that I don't work, and most of the time I am home by myself, luckily school holidays start in 3 weeks, which will keep me busy....in the meantime...I just have to keep going and hope for the best out of each day!
Thanks for reading...I just needed to let it out!
Cheers
Patty