I just had to register with this site and post my experiences of withdrawal. I'm okay at the moment but when i was going through the worst of it, threads like these were the only thing i wanted to look at, as I felt so alone so thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences. There must be so many people out there going through the same thing. I started on 50mg sertraline July 2011 and in December 2011 i suspected I was pregnant. I immediately decided I had to stop taking it but knowing I should wean off, reduced my dose down to 25mg. It turned out that I wasn't pregnant but as I'd already started reducing I decided to continue. Even though i'd reduced my dose by 25mg only, I felt the worst I;d ever felt in my entire life. I couldn't eat for 3 weeks, had the shakes, dizzy,migranes, tingling legs, woke up with numb arms and legs and had stabbing pains in my chest and stomach. Before taking the drug I'd never actually experienced a panic attack but these came regularly and boy are they AWFUL. I asked my husband to take me to A and E in the middle of the night one night. I had to go off work sick for 2 weeks and really really struggled to look after my kids.Anyhow i stabilised after about 3 weeks and then decided I couldn'y cope with anything like that again for a while. So a couple of weeks ago I ordered a pill cutter and cut the 25mg into 4 and have been taking fish oils and i have been reducing by i guess 6.5/7mg a week and so far the only thing i'm experiencing is the numb arms and legs in the middle of the night and a mild headache and the ear pressure thing which is manageable. I'm on 12.5mg at the mo so i really hope in a few weeks i'll be off completely. I have never written on any health forum at all before this i just can not believe I was never told about these potential withdrawals. If you look online i imagine people do get through eventually- there are some who say they are having problems years down the line but hopefully the majority of us will be okay. Good luck everyone