Thread: Clomipramine advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Clomipramine advice

Hi Dizzylizzy

Yeah I am still on the clomipramine, I am about 2 weeks off six months of it now. I take 10mg in a morning and 25mg before bed. I am not sure if it is my stmptoms or the meds, but at the moment, I have little motivation and I am peeling myself off the bed in the morning as I have started a small cleaning job and I have to be up early. I don't wake with any enthusiasm but it does get better as the day goes on. I am going to discuss this with doc next time I see him.

When my insomnia was at its worse , I had exactly what you have, waking all of a sudden, body twitches going to sleep and waking me up, I still don't know what was going on but it jsut must have been severe anxiety and panic.

I wouldn't say the clomipramine has done anything major to my sleep but I am only on a low dose, the usual dose is upto around 75mg a day going to 225 if needed, but I didn't want to be zombied up. I wouldn't take zopiclone if you can help it as it is a slleping tablet that can become addictive and hard to get off, I have a friend on them and he can't seem to sleep at all without them. The clomipramine are not addictive, just something you shouldn't come off all at once. I am happy to stay on them for a while as my mad thoughts have calmed down as have I to some degree. Like I say I am far from perfect but don't know if its me or the meds?

I hope this helps. Keep me informed as to how you are getting on.

Purplepie x

Re: Clomipramine advice

Hi Purplepie, i see like me you are one of the very few(well it apears that way) who is on clomipramine. This is my 5th med in 17 months and i just so want to get better.
    I noticed you're on 35mg per day; how you feeling?

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Hi D Lizzy,

hows you with the clomiprmine, did you go back on or lower dose?

Thread Information