Thread: Ibs and pregnancy ladies please help :(

Ibs and pregnancy ladies please help :(

So after taking 3 home preg tests 2 came back positive and 1 faint negative and being a week late (which I know isn't that long) for the last week I have had terrible cramps as of my period is going to start but doesn't mixed with this a horrible outbreak of ibs (diharrea) sorry if to much info :( feeling tierd to the point I want to fall asleep everywhere and burping to :( with sudden rushes to go to the loo feeling sick and needing to go! what's going on? I'm waiting for appointment with doc on Friday for blood tests to confirm whether or not I'm pregnant. But I didn't think this was usual for pregnancy but then I don't know anyone who has ibs and is pregnant to talk to. I just feel drained and unwell so this could either be just an ibs outbreak with a late period or pregnancy with bad ibs (if that's possible) I'm just lost hence my ramblings on here! Lol xx

Re: Ibs and pregnancy ladies please help :(

pregnancy tests are pretty accurate these days. 2 well I should say congrats. I have had IBS for life. hormones and stress would trigger bad IBS. acid reflux gas indigestion morning sickness are all likely. you have a weak stomach. avoid all trigger foods nothing heavy or acid. make peppermint tea and colpermin or alpercap regular use. it really does help. ginger or ginger biscuits are good for morning sickness. check with docs lots of antispasmodic meds are not allowed during pregnancy. go old school with a hot bath or ho****er bottle for pain. should ease after first three months. good luck x

Re: Ibs and pregnancy ladies please help :(

You are definitely pregnant. There is no such thing as a faint negative on a pg test, a faint positive but not faint neg. I'd be surprised if you dr does a blood test to confirm it, these days if you have done a positive home test that's enough for them.

The symptoms you describe are common in early pg - including crampy feelings like period pain. I also know that some women find their ibs plays up during pregnancy. The being so tired you could fall asleep anywhere and the feeling sick are just about the most common early pregnancy symptoms you can get. With both my pregnancies I was so tired in the early weeks - your body is busy growing a baby, it's very tiring.

Thread Information