Quote Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
26, first off you did well to go out and get new clothes. Then, when you were feeling really anxious and could have just run off, you didn't. In a easy I suppose you stayed and were able to "face the music". Well, you say you have never felt so embarrassed before in your life. But you did survive this episode even if it was very uncomfortable. If this situation was a huge test of your resolve, then in my opinion you did survive. Not only that, but when you could quite easily have just run away, you didn't. You hung on in there. You went for a walk and the lady came with you. I suggest this is in fact a good outcome.
By all means take a look at how things panned out, but when you do this, ok... You can acknowledge that things didn't exactly go the way you would have liked, but also look deeply enough into it for things that you DID do well. Don't automatically focus on negatives. And certainly don't repeat the negatives over & over. Moreso, look for bits if the day that were good. And from what you said, there were many positives here for you.
I really like your fighting talk..... "This is why I'm here, from that day on - I'm motivated to change who I am, to become a better person. To stop this depression and most of all, stop having these panic attacks. TL;DR - Went on a date, had a panic attack and now I'm here to change my life."
That's the spirit!!! You have made some important steps in the right direction here. This is a new beginning. Take heart from your endeavours because you do have the strength of character inside you to begin challenging your issues. One step at a time. Deal with a small issue and then move into the next one, and so on and so on......Bye for now.... X
Thank you Tessar, from day one of trying to change this whole suicidal, depressed and panic attack guy - this is one of the best responses I've gotten. To be honest with you, all I wanted that day was a hug and to be told that everything will be alright.

Thanks for those kind words.