Thread: Back with a vengeance....

Back with a vengeance....

So, in the last couple of days, I don't know if the Fluoxetine just isn't working anymore, or what - but my anxiety is back with a vengeance. It's worse than it was before I started taking it.

My dose has been a stable 20g a day, always in the morning - but I'm so anxious I'm actually physically shaking most of the time. Prior to Fluoxetine, my anxiety was mostly at night, and now it is ALL DAY. From when I first open my eyes, I'm a ball of awful anxiety until I finally tire myself into sleep around 2-3am.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    If so, did it work itself out after a period, or did you have to change dose/meds?

Re: Back with a vengeance....

Hi there. sorry to read that you are experiencing this. How long have you been taking the fluoxetine?
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

I started taking it in early November-ish.... so around 6-7 weeks ish.

About 5 days after I began taking it, my anxiety almost completely dissapeared, and until a few days ago, I pretty much hadn't had any anxiety since then.

It's quite common to dip up and down for a good few months like this. It may indicate needing your dose upped or that it's just taking that good wee while to really kick in. When I was on fluoxetine my experience was that by 3 months I was aware of some real changes in my anxiety levels and by 6 months there was a real marked improvement. I would also advise to be aware that this time of year can be pretty stressful and regardless of taking anti-d's, your environment can still affect you. If you've indulged in a wee festive drink or two recently aswell, this can also affect your meds. I would also always advise letting your doc know straight away too about any changes you are experiencing. Sometimes medical reassurance can be enough. Hope this helps

Pooh
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Thanks for that.

I feel a little better today - still on edge, but not as bad as it was the last couple of days - hopefully it'll just continue to get better.

Thread Information