Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does this sound weird?

Re: Does this sound weird?

Wow that's amazing! Love the way the sun peeks from underneath the clouds, the sun rays really do look like they're trying to touch the hills!

I've been looking for some sunset pictures to paint actually, do you mind if I borrow it for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeky View Post
    Wow that's amazing! Love the way the sun peeks from underneath the clouds, the sun rays really do look like they're trying to touch the hills!

I've been looking for some sunset pictures to paint actually, do you mind if I borrow it for a while?
    Please do!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Speaking of sunsets. I've just taken this out of my window. Aire Valley, West Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Please do!

Positive thoughts
    Thanks!

Nice view Oosh! I've always wanted to go to Yorkshire!

The little forest on the horizon on the right, Leeds Bradford Airport just behind there. You can watch the planes taking off and landing all day.

Yorkshires lovely. All hills though. No good if you ride a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Oosh View Post
    The little forest on the horizon on the right, Leeds Bradford Airport just behind there. You can watch the planes taking off and landing all day.

Yorkshires lovely. All hills though. No good if you ride a bike.

Haha! Well I don't have a bike so I'll just go hiking instead!
    I'm sure the people in the airplanes heading to and from the airport admire the view as well!

Yeh, hikings a better idea. You can hike without trying around here. As you can see I live on top of a giant hill. Walking anywhere from here is a hike.

There's a canal and the river Aire down in that valley. Can walk right along both.

Fell in love with this house as soon as I saw it.

Whenever a delivery man comes you can only see the back of his head because he's always gawping at the view.

Regarding your original topic of wanting to live in isolation in the country, I used to work on overhead power lines. I was given a van, equipment and had to travel, always, deep into the countryside following overhead power lines into all of those isolated places who could only receive power from overhead lines. I have flashbacks weekly of all of the special little places I'd find myself.
    Basically I was hiking off into the remote countryside for a living. I loved it.

Many times I got jealous of the remote secluded homes I'd run into. (Flashbacks again)
    I mean some of these places were so secluded they were hostile to get to and the days I would be there they were battered by harsh weather as many were high up and exposed, the memories are like dreams which leave me thinking "was that place real or was it a movie I watched!"
    Amazing remote places. But the fact is, if you lived there you'd have to say goodbye to many of the things you take for granted living in cities.

These remote homes regularly lose their power for long periods. They have no internet ! They have poor or no mobile phone network coverage. Superstores can be hours driving away. I couldn't do without those things despite me always liking disappearing off into the countryside

Imagine no internet !!
    Regularly people would approach me asking if I was here to install the internet and I'd be like "nope".

Yeh, hikings a better idea. You can hike without trying around here. As you can see I live on top of a giant hill. Walking anywhere from here is a hike.

We live on a hill as well so I know that feeling! There are some places in our back garden that slope steeply and our neighbour's garden used to be a quarry, so we have a nice 20ft drop to the left of us as well!

Regarding your original topic of wanting to live in isolation in the country, I used to work on overhead power lines. I was given a van, equipment and had to travel, always, deep into the countryside following overhead power lines into all of those isolated places who could only receive power from overhead lines. I have flashbacks weekly of all of the special little places I'd find myself.
    Basically I was hiking off into the remote countryside for a living. I loved it.

Man I'm jealous! Bet those places must've cost a lot to buy or do up though...

But the fact is, if you lived there you'd have to say goodbye to many of the things you take for granted living in cities.

These remote homes regularly lose their power for long periods. They have no internet ! They have poor or no mobile phone network coverage. Superstores can be hours driving away. I couldn't do without those things despite me always liking disappearing off into the countryside

Imagine no internet !!
    Regularly people would approach me asking if I was here to install the internet and I'd be like "nope".

I'll admit the internet thing will be bothersome, our broadband right now isn't so great, but I have heard legends out here about small villages in the middle of nowhere who have fast internet (sadly ours isn't part of it!). We've been pretty used to power cuts as well, in 2009 we had a massive storm and some people were without power for days, our village's power came back after three hours though the farmers lent out generators to those who were still without. Got a day off school for it though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information