Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back on Fluoxetine after 6 month break

Back on Fluoxetine after 6 month break

i done 2 years on fluoxetine, was convinced they didnt work and i was still depressed..i also got euphoric states and wasnt sure if i was bipolar, i came off in september (6 months ago) after a massive erratic moment, crashed my car into a lamppost..i still felt depressed on them and convinced they wernt working but in all honestly they "were" doing something..when i was on them i could function..i worked (for the first time in 10 yrs)..as soon as i came off them i dropped my job as i felt too depressed.( a month after coming off)..i did still feel down but not as bad as i have recently..i have had suicidal thoughts and i have now re-started (as of an hour ago) i took my first tablet..i did not get any side effects last time so it will be interesting to see...

my biggest down fall with this drug is that for me, and why i came of was the weight gain, i rocketed from 8.5 stone to almost 11 stone in 2 years, and i really stuggled to keep this down, felt like food stuck to me, it had been 6 months since i came off and im now at 10 stone and hoping to get back to my normal weight...but im hoping the happiness wil now encourage some excercise although i did also get tired on fluoxetine...but i would rather feel fat and tired than sucidal...so lets hope for the best x x

Re: Back on Fluoxetine after 6 month break

Wishing you the very best, nok tok, as you re-start the fluox. It is amazing what these meds actually do for us. About once each month around my cycle I think that the meds aren't working so well and experience a blip, but when I think back to how I felt before getting on the meds I realize just how much they really are helping. Hang in there and you'll be feeling better really soon. Blessings!

Day 2

Had about 4 hours restless sleep, having mixed emotional episodes up and down at the same time, just trying to ride it out..

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Forgot to mention they took me 3-4 months to kick in last time

Hi Noktok,

I hope you are feeling better. We are here to help you through the side effects which I know are awful.

You mention that they took 3-4 months to kick in, but at the same time they did not touch the depression. Do you find they helped at all?

Best wishes,

Sally

Yeah I just felt slightly more stable... Not suicidal like I have been...was capable of maintaining a normal function although I did still feel down as well as sometimes completely euphoric.. But as I say ..the docs said that they thought I might be bipolar...but the psychiatrist said I wasnt.. But she only spoke to me for less than 10 mins so I still have my doubts and am currently filling in a mood chart for 30 days which is interesting.. Going to see a wellbeing support team in April so will take my chart along to see what they think..in the meantime I will carry on with the fluoxetine...

DAY 3

woke up 6.30 am all shakey, tried to throw up ..my body wanted to ..but i havent been eating so i dont think there was anything there.cant even look at food...took kids to school, sat in park for 20 mins, still a bit shakey so gonna rest for a while.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

just had a lay down for a couple o hours as i felt shakey, dont remeber having these side effects last time..but it was a while ago now..

Day 4

Was half awake all night shaky, anxiety, bad thoughts....it's now nearly 7am and I feel awful...really shakey, anxiety, iidon't want anyone to talk to me ( 6 year old moaning about cereal) freaking me out...feel hot but shivery...sitting up in bed..don't want to move... Feel quite sick...need to ride out but I gotta do a school run soon...can't face it..

Is this me or the fluoxetine?

---------- Post added at 07:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 ----------

Took a diazepam earlier but no help...had to go toilet first thing..tummy ache..

Have hardly been eating though...can't face food at all.. But I have felt like this for weeks
    Last edited by nok_tok; 13-03-15 at 07:24.

Aw Nok-Tok- sending you hugs. All of what you described is what I have felt and it does get better. You have to keep going and keep writing on here if it helps.

You can do the school run, even if you feel rubbish the whole time- you will be able to do it.

Keep me posted on how you are doing.

Xx

Is it best to take the tablet at night , I have been having them at about 9am , but I may change to see if it makes difference?

I don't think it makes a difference. I take it in the morning.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information