Thread: Period bleeding from bottom?

Period bleeding from bottom?

Hi all, I'm currently on my period which always sends my anxiety through the roof regardless. The past month or so I've been fixated with thinking I have been having discharge/increased wetness around my bum...there are never no stains in underwear but it does feel like there's leakage coming out, however I am trying to put it down to stress and the fact I've been eating rubbish and do also suffer ibs. Nonetheless it's flared the anxiety back up again.

Yesterday I started my period which is quite heavy as usual but now I'm starting to think I'm bleeding from behind also as my pads show stains at the back as well as the front. I'm trying to be rational that it's just the fact it's heavy and messy and I've been sitting/lying down etc as I've got no pain and my bm's are coming as normal (with no blood in them.)

Can't believe I've had periods for years and now I get anxious from this, but got no females to ask and am stressed out to the max as it is with work.

Sick of HA!!! x

Re: Period bleeding from bottom?

Hi. That's normal. Blood from your period can easily leak and flow to the back of the pad . Happens to me . Lying down or even daily activities can cause it. If you are that anxious about it, try using a tampon. That should stop the back flow. Wouldn't worry at all

Re: Period bleeding from bottom?

Thanks missykat, anxiety really playing me up lately so doesn't help when a period comes along too but feel a bit better today and trying not to obsess over it too much.

Thread Information