Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast

Thread: Panic mode all Day!

Re: Panic mode all Day!

It will be much better at the coast or in the countryside. Cities are fine if you need the amenities, the work or enjoy the nightlife. Other than that, it's hassle being on top of people. I live on the edge of my city so within 10-15 minutes I could hit the countryside on a bicycle.

When I go on holiday I really notice the change in pace. I've stays in a few holiday cottages in the countryside and always look for the quiet areas. Cornwall is nice as it's so easy to get from one coast to the other. With the excellent A roads it's like getting to the other side of Manchester for me from where I live.

Not all the coast is the same though, I wouldn't advise Blackpool (no offence to anyone on here who does live there) as some of the areas are not good. The same with a fair amount of more northerly seaside towns. It was certainly a big difference seeing Lyme Regis in Cornwall by comparison.

Terry, I don't know what is happening now with our proposed move.
    My Mum is not so good and feels like what you call; 'letting herself go'.

I think she's just struggling with the changes, Carnation. She said this before and changed to be more positive. I know it's distressing to hear it, my mum said her mum said this to her (but she had been in a home years, she had just seen all she was going to see and wanted to be let go) but I realty think your mum is just scared and low and it's transient.

It's frustrating watching our parents go through problems with doctors. I feel like giving my surgery a rollocking at the moment. My mum has had her blood pressure meds changed again, always a joy as the side effects can be a real pain, and now she has cellulitis! Just the legs, it's always the legs that swell and break out in bad rashes with these damn meds and why she tends to resist them changing anything.

Anyway, she went to one GP at the surgery who gave her some antibiotics. She asked about cream but he said she had the best cream already since she has been using Cetraben for years due to the itchiness a previous blood pressure med has left her with ever since. 4 days later and it's getting worse so she goes back down (we have a walk-in for a couple of hours each morning) and sees the senior partner who was on the rota (you see whoever is free). She has been a GP at this practice for probably 40 years now with her brother, the mum & dad were the original partners. She gives her some more antibiotics to allow for a longer course and says there are no better creams she can prescribe but gave her the number for the district nurse service. They don't deal with the one closest to us but then the surgery is closer to the one they do deal with. Mum calls them to be told it's a central number and the district nurse service our GP says "they always use" has NO "ambulance policy" which means they don't accept people seeing them. So, they just deal with what they have been asked to by doctors, the hospitals, care homes, etc. She said she would contact one of two others who do have a policy and mum would get a call back shortly. She swiftly did by another district nurse who asked if my mum had an open wound and when replied no and told what her GP said actually laughed down the phone before complaining that "GP's don't seem to have a clue what district nurses do". She said the basic NHS criteria for GP's even referring to them is an open wound!!! Remember, a GP of over 40 years and senior partner!!! So, this nice district nurse rang this GP and within an hour mum is given an appointment with the surgery's practice nurses later this week.

And breathe. Ah, that's better. You can imagine she shouting & balling that went on between my mum & dad when that was going on. (it's much worse when they put the Xmas decs up though )

I was worn out too, reading through that!
    Something so simple becomes so complicated!

We have managed to secure some respite for a couple of weeks.
    This will give me time to sort out Mum's house for when she comes home, if she comes home and we are hoping to grab a week for ourselves.

Lately, I feel like I have worked the graveyard shift. We are both so tired, but I don't sleep too well at the moment. I feel like I left my head in the washing machine when I was doing the laundry.

I'm off to therapy again in the morning, so at least I have someone to talk to.
    I don't mean on here, I mean generally.

Oh dear, is still a for ? He doesn't have a "man cave" to retreat into now you've started converting the shed either!

Where are you planning on going on your hols? Back to the seaside? I presume MrC will be exiting Coventry for it.

No, I meant generally I don't see anyone to talk to. Mr C has been forgiven, but I am watching with a close eye.

Yes, by the seaside, beside the sea. (With a brolly.)

I know what you mean there, I'm the same. Not working, no mates anymore, it just means no social interaction other than those closest. It's pretty lonely like that.

The weathers picking up, your brolly might be for the sun.

Well, we have had to put our holiday on hold for the time being. :(

With both Mums having falls and not knowing which hospital to visit first, we don't know whether we are coming or going!

I'm new here and not sure sure exactly what I am doing!! I suffer from Chronic Anxiety, I don't feel depressed but my body feels physically nervous all the time. My skins tingles - like something is running up and down...its feel likes something awful is about to happen when I actually don't have anything to worry about. I get through each day and everyone thinks I am ok but I feel terrible in side - very nervous and almost scared. I was put on citalopram and it really didn't do anything. I was then put on 75mg of venlafaxine for two weeks and then 150mg for two weeks, which time I went back to the doctor. My physical anxiety seems worse and constant but I feel more chilled and have lost my appetite (silver lining!!) The doctor said try it for another month. Initially I was doing 75mg twice a day but this was stopping me sleeping so now for the last two weeks I have been on 150mg one a day in the morning - i feel constantly anxious, a bit scared but slightly emotionless at the same time. I feel like the adrenaline is flying round my body at 100 miles an hour, I'm sleeping better but have very vivid dreams.Still no appetite and feel tired quite a lot...I don't really want to keep changing but does all of this mean its not working for me or am I being impatient - please please can someone reply

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast

Thread Information