Thread: Sertraline (Zoloft) & Camomile (Chamomile) tea

Post Sertraline (Zoloft) & Camomile (Chamomile) tea

Hey guys,

Pretty new to all this anxiety and panic stuff, very new to this forum. I'll keep it short but I've suffered with anxiety since the summer and in turn panic attacks. Things really escalated recently and I was put on 50mg sertraline last week while waiting for CBT training. I'd tried to avoid medication at all costs but things had started to effect my daily life. The first week of the meds settling in have been horrendous. Panic attack or two a day and all the physical side effects you could imagine. Things have settled slightly but I'm still having real difficulties with sleeping.

I was recommended camolile tea? Apparently it naturally helps with anxiety, relaxation and sleeping. My quietion is am I okay drinking camomile tea while on sertraline? Do they have any bad interactions, anyone who's tried both at the same time would really be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Re: Sertraline (Zoloft) & Camomile (Chamomile) tea

Well, I've only got experience from the camomile tea as I don't take any medication (no doctor has ever suggested that I should use what's it called now Ssri? ) but as far as the tea goes I don't suppose it would have any effect on your medication if you plan to drink tea made of ordinary camomile tea bags bought in the supermarket. Doesn't taste so good though, the tea, it doesn't. The tea bags, they're pretty weak, brew weak tea.

---------- Post added at 01:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 ----------

Sorry that you have such difficulties in life right now. If you want to tell more about it, I believe people on the forum will be very supportive. Perhaps this too could help with your sleeping difficulties, sharing whatever it is and finding out others have experienced similar and can be supportive.

Re: Sertraline (Zoloft) & Camomile (Chamomile) tea

Hey! When i first started on sertraline i was drinking 3 cups of camomile and honey tea a day, no interactions whatsoever. I found it relaxed me as i was so wound up with the anxiety, it defo helped me (maybe only psychologically) but it worked!!

Nick

Thread Information