Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hugs and support to people in Manchester

Re: Hugs and support to people in Manchester

Sending hugs to all who need them.

Breaking news: A second male has been arrested in Manchester just now aged 23. Also the Arndale Shopping Centre has been closed but is now open again and the threat of a another attack remains 'severe' still stands

I am shocked. Just put the internet on, and there it was. Right in front of me.
    I missed TV news last night. So, so sorry for the deaths, and injured.
    Manchester is a favourite place of mine. Where next ????

I cried when I saw it this morning and still feel its so sad. Something like this is so very unexpected. And what was the motive? All I see is pure hatred for human life and no empathy. Why? It's just senseless.

I've just come back to this and heard the update.

It makes it even worse that poor children have been killed. One was 8!

The BBC news have just reported of the 59 injured some are serious and even in intensive care. Some will need long term care, which sounds very bad.

They said some children were as young as 7 & 8. It's pretty obvious this was intended as the singer is known to attract a young audience.

Well done to the emergency services including St. John's Ambulance Service. And to the members of the public who tried to offer help whether to give blood and to help stranded people too (the cabbies, for instance).

I bet many people remember the Arndale Centre attack, Carrie.

Heard the news this morning, absolutely shocking. Soulless evil monsters put on this earth to spread misery.
    My heart goes out to the victims :( sad day for the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry boy View Post
    Heard the news this morning, absolutely shocking. Soulless evil monsters put on this earth to spread misery.
    My heart goes out to the victims :( sad day for the UK.
    Yeah but what ever government gets in after the general election should now make tackling terrorism priority sure some attacks get stopped this is good but these attacks aren't a rare in todays society. What I would like to see all the training camps blown up. I mean lets be honest here the locations of these camps aren't top secret. Makes you wonder if every major town and cities in actually have terrorists and how many? We actually should have listened to Enoch Powel and his rivers of blood speech how true was his predictions. To me any convicted ppl in this should be deported immediately and have their rights taken away. Cheers

Dave,

Given the strong views about this, another thread about the politics might be best?This subject can bring differing views about responsibility & actions.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Dave,

Given the strong views about this, another thread about the politics might be best?This subject can bring differing views about responsibility & actions.
    Sure Terry, but may I say I think everybody wants these mindless attacks to stop! But it could be another good debate on a separate thread! Cheers

We certainly do Dave. I'm just mindful of the last debate so it's nothing you have said here.

Buster raised a thread on GAD before me. I didn't check first before creating this one but I think this thread is more for lighting candles, Buster's was more discussion too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information