Quote Originally Posted by Raya View Post
I am extremely, extremely scared,
Which could be a problem. Withdrawal is not just about chemistry and biology. Psychology is at least as important, and many would argue it is considerably more so. Believe you will suffer greatly and your mind may well try and make it so. As an example, there were a number of studies done in the 1970s in which hospital inpatients were told their benzodiazepine dose was being reduced. Many began having withdrawal symptoms even though the dose was unchanged.

Unfortunately, sites such a the one I suspect you got the 'Ashton method' from while maybe well meaning can make things worse.

The schedule you've outlined is okayish, though, imho, much slower than it probably needs to be given the relatively short time you've been taking Ativan. I don't think you need to take up to 20 weeks to wean off a med you've only taken for 4. It just gives the med more time to strengthen the level of dependence. However, I fear you're not going to be comfortable going faster because of what you've read which brings us back to my original point about psychology.