Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabies Fear Striked me again

Rabies worries

hey, so i was in philippines around 8-9 months ago, we visited someone and the dog had puppies, i tried to pet the mother and she bit my finger/hand, it didn't break the skin, no bleeding. Should i still be concerned about rabies?

Re: Rabies worries

Since the virus has to be transferred through an open wound and this was someone's "pet", what is the logical answer?

Positive thoughts

Please don't answer with a "yeah but" or "what if"
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

hey fishmanpa, well it seems most logical that i didn't get rabies. I wanna thank you though for commenting on my posts , you always calm me down

Your welcome... anytime... just do me a favor and get some help. You're too young to be bothered with this. You know my daughter has anxiety and depression. She got professional help, takes meds and while she has her moments, she knows how to deal and does great. Follow those footsteps.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Rabies Fear Striked me again

There is now 1 year and 3 months ago since a dog in the philippines bit my finger after i tried to pet it while it protected the puppies. I remember that the bite didn't break the skin but what if there was a little invisible thing there i couldn't see? does this make any sense?

Re: Rabies Fear Striked me again

Wouldn't you be dead by now if you had rabies?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Im just worried because what if the incubation period can be over a year?

"Summertime... where the livin' is easy"

Positive thoughts

In general rabies incubation period is in weeks. Bites on hand are especially dangerous due to large amount of nerves so the virus would spread quickly. While there have be singular cases of rabies incubating for extended periods of time chances of that are astronomical. It usually manifests within 2-3 weeks. Plus there is also a fact that even a bite from a rabid animal does not necessarily have to infect you. And given how the bite did not break the skin I think there is actually a better chance of rapture occuring in the next 5 minutes than of you having rabies

So positive thoughts Don't worry about it

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information