Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: UTI or bladder cancer?

Re: UTI or bladder cancer?

Do any of you have any incontinence linked to your symptoms?
    I’ve barely stopping googling over the last month & i’m Trying to confine it to ‘bladder symptoms anxiety’ ‘urination anxiety’ etc to avoid all the ‘it is CANCER’ stuff & there is so much about the links between anxiety & stress and bladder over activity & with irritable bowel which we all know is linked to anxiety. I guess simply being hyper aware of your bladder & urethra could cause these issues.

Hey emc, I don't suffer with that. But I have heard that that's usually an anxiety symptom with the bladder. Which is usually down to anxiety thinking you need to go more often and your bladder capacity reduces from urinating more. Basically messes up your bladder control and function which is why they say OAB isn't related with pain. I guess everyone is different though. I dont really have pain but more discomfort. Really looking forward to seeing a urologist and get to the bottom of it all x

Hi. Just went thru a uti. Only thing had was urgency to pee. I took home test and strips said uti. Called dr since just there for pap. Prescribed meds. After 2nd day really was getting scared cuz not clearing up but day 3 felt better. Also got pap test results and were good. I had myself health anxiety working overtime. Feel better but think ibs is what causing me issues with health anxiety. Stay positive. That uti was first ever and I'm 60. Hang un there.

Mine isn’t a UTI, got tested twice for it. Do you guys get days of relief in the middle or no? And can you hold it for long periods of time? Mine seems to be absolutely horrible in the morning I have to speed walk to the bathroom because I feel so full! And I usually am full which is strange because I never had this problem before. I would always be able to lie in bed and scroll through my phone before going to the bathroom. Now i race to the bathroom upon waking! Although I’m lucky in that it doesn’t wake me up at night. So I am able to sleep through the night. I can also hold it for long periods during the day - as long as I’m not actually full. I’ve learned to tell the difference between urge and actually being full. Can any of you relate to this?

I have discomfort with urgency. The discomfort is strange and moves with the pressure. I've been trying to make sure I don't go for 2 hours, managed 4hrs as well but yet I still cant get the urgency to lessen consistently. The bladder retraining should be working, I'm also on my 2nd bladder relaxant medication with no luck.

I've had a few days symptoms free and it was bliss. I'm male and had small bouts (3weeks) of this in the past, cystoscopy was also clear I had after the first time I experienced this. This bout has been going on 3 months, it feels like torture.

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

Yes I race to the bathroom upon waking.

I've actually said this isn't a normal feeling of urge but something else maybe.

It's strange as I have no fear of cancer or diseases with this but being left with this constant urge and no answer for the future.
    Last edited by whatisthis; 05-04-18 at 14:56.

I've also had about 10 negative uti tests. But biofilm infections hide in the bladder wall and come in and out of the wall hence why you can get good days and bad days. This is actually what some urologists believe interstitial cystitis is. It only diagnosed when they can't find any other reason to what could be going on. Worth looking into if OAB meds aren't working. Amitriptyline is meant to be a good one x

Never heard of biofilm infections before, I'm scared to google it to be honest. I scared myself enough with IC and google. I'm still waiting for my NHS referral which has been screwed up but I'm tempted to just go private for the consultation now. I can't keep living like this.

I thought I was getting somewhere lately with this but today has crushed me. I find the feeling of needing the toilet horrendous, can't relax or ignore it!

Hey whatisthis .. IC scares me too but after finding a top urologist who says I doesn't exist and if your having symptoms of an infection then it's an infection. He's treated 100s of patients. As your male UTIs are less common aren't they so You could just possibly have an overactive bladder. Have you had your prostate checked?

Yeh I've had my prostate checked a few times! I'm 35 so not in that bracket yet as well.

Male UTI's are uncommon so you always have to get checked as a male.

Last time I had this for 3 weeks I had the tests and was diagnosed with overactive bladder. I didn't think much of it as I was symptom free when I saw the consultant. My GP was hoping the meds would help but nothing so far.

Although IC scares me it would be nice to have an answer and some kind of treatment. A friend of the family has it and it fine with diet changes and some other treatment. It's sat in this limbo of tension and anxiety.

I hope this urologist sorts it out for you. This has been such a frustrating and upsetting problem, I dealt with chronic pain for 2 years and I'm finding this harder I think.

Ahh. Yours quite possibly could be OAB then by the looks. You got seen pretty quick last time on nhs then did you ? I've been waiting 6 weeks so far for nhs. Will be seen by private urologist before nhs the way it's going. What were your symptoms last time may I ask ? I'm convinced I've got Lyme disease. As all this started last summer with neurological problems. Head pressure. Dizziness. Outer body experiences. Eye floaters and now bladder problems. My back garden is like a jungle so i wouldn't be suprised. Did you have CAT scan last time as well as a cysto? I will refuse a cysto if they ask me to have one but hoping they will allow me to have a CAT scan.

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

And i agree. I've always said id rather back pain over this. Atleast then I can take painkillers and rest. Bladder keeps me on full alert. It's awful. Can't even sit still sometimes

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information