Page 25 of 290 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by samina77 View Post
    Hi Toby,

I’m so sorry you’re suffering so much and I can see how far down the rabbit hole you are as I’ve been there and I’m sort of there now. The only thing that will help you is a) get some help for the anxiety - it will help loads.. and 2) if you just can’t stand the not knowing what s going on inside - demand a colonoscopy (this is where I am at the moment - I’ve been putting it off for a year but now I’m like - sod it, I’m fed up with freaking out over my symptoms...)
    Good luck to you xx
    I wish I could, but I'm not assertive enough and I don't want to appear rude to my GP because she's really nice. I don't think they'd ever offer an 18 year old a colonoscopy unless the circumstances were extreme either.. but yes I wish I was able to have one. It's hell every time I go to the toilet.

No, they won't offer one, UNLESS they think your symptoms show you need one !

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    No, they won't offer one, UNLESS they think your symptoms show you need one !
    True.. she also said she thinks I have an irritable bowel but how can she know that without carrying out tests?

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

I should also mention that a couple of months ago I did an iron deficiency test and it said I wasn't anemic.

If the initial bleeding wasn't from a fissure and was from a tumour, would that ever stop bleeding or would it constantly bleed? Would I be anemic if the tumour was capable of letting out as much blood as it did that first time I bled?

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

and I have had very small traces of blood, like a few dots that disperse, since that first time I bled but never again in that very large volume when it like covered the toilet paper

There was a time when I wiped after having diarrhoea too and there was blood mixed in with it but I was also very sore so.. I think that was probably a fissure. Of course I don't want to speak too fast though

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I'm just asking general questions..
    No, you're asking the same specific questions ad nauseum.

Samina, I know you're stressed about your procedure but believe me, the worst part is the prep. They'll give you the good stuff in the hospital and you won't care or remember much anyway. Please read the OPs history on this thread and you'll see that there's nothing wrong and the similarities to your postings. He's a child with severe anxiety, a fissure and stomach related anxiety symptoms! (as I believe you have too). Recommending a test like a colonoscopy is not prudent and you're only projecting your fears about what's happening with you

Toby... PLEASE see your doctor about your anxiety. You desperately need real life help! I urge others to reiterate this information instead of reassurance. Especially those "hoo" recognize the patterns and know his history

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    No, you're asking the same specific questions ad nauseum.

Samina, I know you're stressed about your procedure but believe me, the worst part is the prep. They'll give you the good stuff in the hospital and you won't care or remember much anyway. Please read the OPs history on this thread and you'll see that there's nothing wrong and the similarities to your postings. He's a child with severe anxiety, a fissure and stomach related anxiety symptoms! (as I believe you have too).

Toby... PLEASE see your doctor about your anxiety. You desperately need real life help! I urge others to reiterate this information instead of reassurance. Especially those "hoo" recognize the patterns and know his history

Positive thoughts
    No I really NEED reassurance because then I can help develop an understanding of what it might be.. I no longer think I have a blockage or a large mass down there thanks to someone putting it into perspective for me what a blockage would actually be like. And thanks to Carys' amazing help I'm starting to think I might have IBS

I don't want to just seek help and still have these symptoms and then it turns out to be something horrible. I will definitely seek help or try to work on my anxiety as soon as I find out for sure what's causing the diarrhoea/constipation/mucus/sometimes blood

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I don't want to just seek help
    That says it all folks Again, please, I urge you to reiterate seeking real life help for the obvious illness here! That's truly the kindest and most constructive reply. Treating the real illness will help with the symptoms associated with it!

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 04-11-18 at 14:42.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    That says it all folks Again, please, I urge you to reiterate seeking real life help for the obvious illness here! That's truly the kindest and most constructive reply. Treating the real illness will help with the symptoms associated with it!

Positive thoughts
    Sure that looks bad without context.. but the context is me saying I don't want to seek help AND JUST IGNORE THE SYMPTOMS. I said I will seek help as soon as I know what's wrong. Because there IS something wrong.

With respect, not all patterns are identical in all people FMP, and what works with one person, may not with another. I think we can all come to our own descisions about if\when to respond, and at what point to cease. I think Toby IS, I hope, starting to logically work out that his symptoms are not what he perceives them to be. Of course, he may revert back and swing the other way, but working through things logically and building your own skills in analysing what is a threat, and what is not a threat is a worthwhile thing to do. Nobody can make somebody go and get anxiety help, which there is no doubt Toby has, but whilst he is asking here then my view is that it is better to at least try to work through some skills in self-help.

Fair enough. All yours!

Positive thoughts

There is more than one way to skin a cat, as the saying goes. I never had help to deal with HA, I worked it out myself using self-help tecnhniques. Of course, in those days, psyschological support wasn't as accessible or prevalent. Toby KNOW he can go and request some counselling, or cbt,whenever he wants. However, he has to WANT it himself, and I find it pointless to keep saying 'go get help, go get help, go get help'. He will when he feels pushed too far, or the time is right, and that is different for everyone. I know not everyone will agree with me, and I suspect you aren't alone FMP in your views, but ces la vie......

Page 25 of 290 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread Information