Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Heart Rate Spiked Again

Re: Heart Rate Spiked Again

Is there a reason you have an EKG machine?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Trbfan View Post
    Ugh it just happened again I was sitting here, I looked out the window, I thought I saw something out the window, I felt shocked for a second. IT was nothing but I sat here, and I Felt like a huge wave of adrenaline come on. I felt my heart at first and it felt normal but it felt like this intense wave coming on and my pulse went up and up to 130 on my EKG, then dipped back down..with in 3-5 minutes it was back to normal.

I wasnt worried about it, it wasnt anxiety ugh.

You’re right, it wasn’t anxiety..per se. it was adrenaline. Which is what fuels anxiety. Your adrenaline spiked and you’re heart rate shot up. A normal response.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Is there a reason you have an EKG machine?

Positive thoughts
    I got it after my heart rate spiked to 143 without me even knowing about it a few weeks ago, I wanted to be able to catch it if it happened again before I went to the cardiologist. He said the information from it was somewhat useful, and he wanted me to continue using it if I felt anything weird.

Ugh it just happened again I was sitting here, I looked out the window, I thought I saw something out the window, I felt shocked for a second. IT was nothing but I sat here, and I Felt like a huge wave of adrenaline come on. I felt my heart at first and it felt normal but it felt like this intense wave coming on and my pulse went up and up to 130 on my EKG, then dipped back down..with in 3-5 minutes it was back to normal.

I wasnt worried about it, it wasnt anxiety ugh.
    People often times refuse to accept anxiety because they weren't feeling anxious at the time the symptoms started... I went through this too but the truth is you dont have to think your anxious or worried etc. but subconsciously you very much can be, it's exactly how fish described it with the camp fires!!! I could be having a good time or be in a good mood driving holding conversations and boom there it was...

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

It is very terrifying, and yea that sounds a lot like me. I've been catching mine on portable EKG but the machines are so sensitive and theres so much artifacting that I dont know how much you can learn from them.
    Some drs think IST is a form of dysautonomia and many think its psychological but in any case it's pretty rare only effecting about 1 percent of the population and even if it turned out that you have this condition, it's not a danger, its not fatal and a lot of people aren't treated for it unless they can't deal with the symptoms... Kinda like how they handle ectopics.
    Last edited by Careful1; 24-11-18 at 05:15.

Im really hoping it is. I mean I certainly do have a lot of anxiety and have had attacks that I know were attacks out of nowhere. I guess it just gets a little harder to tell when its just related to my heart rate and pounding. What happened last night could definitely be explained as anxiety..probably so could 1 or 2 of the other events could possibly be too..the first time it happened I have a hard time saying it was still.

Im really hoping it is. I mean I certainly do have a lot of anxiety and have had attacks that I know were attacks out of nowhere. I guess it just gets a little harder to tell when its just related to my heart rate and pounding. What happened last night could definitely be explained as anxiety..probably so could 1 or 2 of the other events could possibly be too..the first time it happened I have a hard time saying it was still.
    Let me ask you a question.... Before now, have you had other health worries? Often? Like worry about one thing and then worry about another?

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    Let me ask you a question.... Before now, have you had other health worries? Often? Like worry about one thing and then worry about another?
    Off and on yes, it hasnt really been one specific worry to another. It started with some actual pinched nerve issues I had and a lot of strange stuff. Since then I've kinda had some consistent issues since then. The last 8 months starting in march I just started feeling very bad and that kinda just really beat me down. Started with shakyness, no energy, very weak. Thats gone on basically the entire time, then I was having stomach issues, then it turned into feeling my heartbeat a ton, which made me worry something was wrong, and started paying attention to it..actually was more worried about stuff like aortic aneurysms. I had some worry of arrythmia then, but that stuff with my pulse racing wasnt happening then. That started 3 weeks ago.

Yea I went down the aortic aneurysm phase way back when too :(
    I have had a lot of fears of things that kill you suddenly because of my arrythmia's and because my father and his father both died suddenly at 50 and 51 ... I never met my father after I was old enough to remember anything and he doesn't have much family. I have 2 half sisters on his side and I do talk to them every once in a while but I don't get much out of them... anyways, that is what has driven my anxiety for many years now... Fear that my father passed something on to me and I passed it on to my kids...

I know anxiety is scary because it can cause our bodies fo experience soo very many different symptoms and the stuff that happens in the chest area and the head are the scariest ones. I am really thinking that these episodes that are happening to you are anxiety related. All the strips of yours that I have seen on here have been normal. I know it's hard to believe but anxiety can deff cause heart rates like your getting and higher. Arrythmia's, esp ventricular ones are almost always much faster then what you get and they stop as sudden as they start... Meaning they jump straight to 180 not a gradual climb and it goes back to normal straight away as well... Sudden start and sudden stop. One also tends to have additional symptoms concerning arrythmia's of the worriesome kind.

I think you should stop using your EKG machine so much, stop checking your pulse and blood pressure and try to keep your mind busy with other things.. Get an appointment with your dr or the cardiologist you saw and explain what's going on and how much anxiety its causing. A monitor worn for a period of time may be beneficial, so you will know one way or another but if everything comes back normal, you gotta accept that and start working on your anxiety because it can steal so much time and joy from your life and time is precious. You will never get back all the time you wasted worrying yourself sick. I think about this sometimes. All the wasted time I spent worrying when I should have been enjoying my life. All the unnecessary testing I had done, some of which had risks... and for what?

We only get one life and I don't know about you but I dont want to waste it worrying about dying so much so that I never actually live (((hugs)))

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    Yea I went down the aortic aneurysm phase way back when too :(
    I have had a lot of fears of things that kill you suddenly because of my arrythmia's and because my father and his father both died suddenly at 50 and 51 ... I never met my father after I was old enough to remember anything and he doesn't have much family. I have 2 half sisters on his side and I do talk to them every once in a while but I don't get much out of them... anyways, that is what has driven my anxiety for many years now... Fear that my father passed something on to me and I passed it on to my kids...

I know anxiety is scary because it can cause our bodies fo experience soo very many different symptoms and the stuff that happens in the chest area and the head are the scariest ones. I am really thinking that these episodes that are happening to you are anxiety related. All the strips of yours that I have seen on here have been normal. I know it's hard to believe but anxiety can deff cause heart rates like your getting and higher. Arrythmia's, esp ventricular ones are almost always much faster then what you get and they stop as sudden as they start... Meaning they jump straight to 180 not a gradual climb and it goes back to normal straight away as well... Sudden start and sudden stop. One also tends to have additional symptoms concerning arrythmia's of the worriesome kind.

I think you should stop using your EKG machine so much, stop checking your pulse and blood pressure and try to keep your mind busy with other things.. Get an appointment with your dr or the cardiologist you saw and explain what's going on and how much anxiety its causing. A monitor worn for a period of time may be beneficial, so you will know one way or another but if everything comes back normal, you gotta accept that and start working on your anxiety because it can steal so much time and joy from your life and time is precious. You will never get back all the time you wasted worrying yourself sick. I think about this sometimes. All the wasted time I spent worrying when I should have been enjoying my life. All the unnecessary testing I had done, some of which had risks... and for what?

We only get one life and I don't know about you but I dont want to waste it worrying about dying so much so that I never actually live (((hugs)))
    Yea I know, Im definitely going to be asking for a holter monitor, I wanted one last week when I went, I feel like a holter would have so much. Im trying to not worry so much its tough, especially when I get so many strange feelings that arent even anxiety related. Kinda just keeps you on edge. The holter is kinda like everything when it comes to this. Even tonight there have been several times it was about to take off with some strange feelings I've gotten, but it hasnt so far. I have gotten down to where I really only use the machines now when this is going on.

I got it after my heart rate spiked to 143 without me even knowing about it a few weeks ago, I wanted to be able to catch it if it happened again before I went to the cardiologist. He said the information from it was somewhat useful, and he wanted me to continue using it if I felt anything weird.
    What did the cardiologist actually say about your heart health? Does he know of your anxiety? I ask because you have a long history of anxiety and owning things like a portable EKG, BP machine and O2 meter encourages self-checking behavior which just feeds your anxiety which causes you panic, which raises your heart rate etc.etc.etc.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information