Page 44 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

I've been putting the doctors off but should I go tomorrow... surely they'd give me tests now? IT WAS COVERED IN BLOOD!!

Yes, I think you should go tomorrow. If there is that much (and no I still don't think cancer!) then you should go and get checked as you are clearly 'setting something off' with your bowel movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yes, I think you should go tomorrow. If there is that much (and no I still don't think cancer!) then you should go and get checked as you are clearly 'setting something off' with your bowel movements.
    What do you think it could be?

I'm literally so terrified.. I was just waiting for this to happen again and it did.

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

I'm almost certain they're just gonna say it's a fissure or hemherroids again and not give me any tests too.. what happens then? Cause I can't go on like this, especially after what happened today

I'm almost certain they're just gonna say it's a fissure or hemherroids again and not give me any tests too.. what happens then? Cause I can't go on like this, especially after what happened today

Well, they may well say that - if thats what it is causing it, then thats what it is ! Toby, just write down your symptoms....bullet point them and present it just like that. I know someone who had exactly your symptoms and it was indeed internal haemmheroids. (sp?)

Well, they may well say that - if thats what it is causing it, then thats what it is ! Toby, just write down your symptoms....bullet point them and present it just like that. I know someone who had exactly your symptoms and it was indeed internal haemmheroids. (sp?)
    That weren't discovered or felt during a rectal finger exam (sounds weird)?

Then maybe you need a referral for someone to have a 'proper look'. Still don't think its cancer !!!

Then maybe you need a referral for someone to have a 'proper look'. Still don't think its cancer !!!
    I mean were their hemherroids discovered on an initial rectal exam in the GP?

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

I'm sort of in disbelief that this is happening. I just know it's CC.

Blood, mucus, sometimes diarrhoea, sometimes constipation.

Going on for almost 4 months.

What else could all those combined symptoms mean?

What else could all those combined symptoms mean?

In order of likelihood, CC is the absolutely least likely.......without any question!

I hope so. Because I feel doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I hope so. Because I feel doomed.

Please don't feel like that, it's completely normal for stool to be covered in bright red blood and happens to almost every human on the planet at one point in their life.

I know this because it's happened to me a few times in my life, it's happened to my mum, and to my brother, and even my aunty and we all certainly do not have rectal cancer of any kind.

It can be simply down to what you're eating, forexample too much spice or fiber can mess with your bowels, it can be due to the pushing even if you feel like you didn't have to push that hard. Piles and haemorrhoids are the most common, far more common than rectal cancer.

I know, because I too have suffered from HA is that none of what I am saying is going to reason with you anxious brain, but please when you do go to the doctor, and he does turn you away because he believes that it is a very common condition, do you best to trust his professional opinion, that is the first step too curing your HA.

It's funny how curing yourself of HA has nothing to do with your body

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The reality is, serial posters, and there are several on the boards, will continue to be serial posters. No amount of reassurance or advice will change that. You can continue to try and while it's noble, all you're doing is feeding the dragon. It doesn't matter if it's a slap upside the head or tea and sympathy. It's just not going to change nor help the OP.

For whatever reason, they are unwilling or unable to help themselves and this forum is essentially being used as a sounding board and public blog of their illness. Sadly, some will be this way they're entire lives. Even with professional help, some will never recover.

Also, even when those that have been around for a while see the patterns and refrain from posting, there will always be a fresh supply of members who aren't familiar with the OP's history that will feed their dragon. Perhaps that's part of the appeal to them on the forum. There is an inherent attention seeking aspect as well whether it's intentional or not and a constant supply of food and attention. The stray cat analogy applies.

The best advice (should you feel compelled to reply) should be to seek professional help and/or to guide them towards the ample resources on the site.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 44 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread Information