Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel Changes - Cannot Stop Crying - Please Help

Re: Bowel Changes - Cannot Stop Crying - Please Help

Someone I know, although distant, passed away from stage 4 cancer at age 45. I have been crying since reading this. I feel terrible. I felt equally terrible hearing about the plane crash yesterday.

I know death is real, and it cannot be avoided. yet the thought of it hurts me so much.

I keep telling myself that on average most people live longer and most people do not have cancer or plane crash.

Hi lovely. I go through the same. Have times when i sit crying because ive seen something about bowel cancer, i have other times when im fine x

Quote Originally Posted by MrsEd View Post
    Hi lovely. I go through the same. Have times when i sit crying because ive seen something about bowel cancer, i have other times when im fine x
    Glad to hear that I am not alone

How are you feeling today, Glittery?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    How are you feeling today, Glittery?
    Hey BlueIris, thanks for asking I am doing okay. Had too much work today at work, completely forgot about everything.

I was just wondering if I should do a FOBT test but the doctor from A&E (yes, I went to the A&E earlier) did not seem concerned. He only did a CBC and a stool test that checks for inflammation & infection. He did not do a FOBT. He did a DRE and an anoscopy, and felt my tummy. That's all. I wish he did a FOBT so that I don't feel worried anymore about bowel cancer.

But knowing myself, I would have then probably wanted to do an ultrasound to rule out ovarian cancer.

The reason why I do not want to do a FOBT is because I am worried I will keep going to the doctor to get myself checked if I fall into the loophole.

How are you doing though?

Bit rough - I had a hard day yesterday and I'm very tired. I have treats planned for the weekend, though

I'd advise against asking for any tests a doctor hasn't recommended, if only because I've seen a lot of people fall down that hole in the past.

Bit rough - I had a hard day yesterday and I'm very tired. I have treats planned for the weekend, though
    I'd advise against asking for any tests a doctor hasn't recommended, if only because I've seen a lot of people fall down that hole in the past.
    Aww, i am so sorry! *hugs* but I am sure the weekend will make it up to you <3

And yes, my mom is not very supportive about it either. She thinks its silly to ask for tests all the time. I am having a very dull ache in my lower right back now, and asked mom about it too. She dismissed it saying that she often got it since her teenage years and apparently its normal huh xD

I hope so! I'm visiting one of my favourite shops

Bodies do a lot of weird stuff, so it's hard to tell what's normal, especially if you're naturally anxious. You could do worse than check in with your mother over mystery symptoms, though - half your genetic material is hers, after all.

I hope so! I'm visiting one of my favourite shops

Bodies do a lot of weird stuff, so it's hard to tell what's normal, especially if you're naturally anxious. You could do worse than check in with your mother over mystery symptoms, though - half your genetic material is hers, after all.
    Oh shopping lifts up my mood as well

And yes, that's exactly why I ask her. My entire family has IBS, either IBS-D or IBS-C. Mom has IBS-C, Dad has IBS-D. Grandmom from mom's side has IBS-M. Grand dad from mom's side had ulcer and IBS-C. Grand mom from dad's side had IBS-D. They all got things checked, and nothing was found. Mom used to get a lot of mucus and blood too, but it stopped. Since she has IBS-C, it was normal to see red bright blood once in a while.

They have been having all these symptoms for ages. Dad did a colonoscopy even.

This is why I am just assuming its the same case with me

That sounds like a safe bet to me

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information