Page 261 of 290 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Bruce, I appreciate your concern but it's just how you think I'm playing a game or something by coming on here that's the issue. I know I can be annoying but perhaps if it annoys you especially then it'd be better to just ignore the thread. I'm sorry but it's gonna take time for me to recover and I still feel like I'm in the thick of the symptoms

Carys I'm really sorry about all this. I didn't mean to start this argument storm. But thanks for understanding how difficult it is

Pkstracy I'm really sorry about what you went through :( and you're right, I would be sicker but I've built this whole complex in my head and I'm so convinced by it... the main thing is thinking about the family that I'd leave behind, it's so upsetting

Sorry the replies are so rushed, I've just come back from town after running "errands", now I'm gonna do some studying

For everyone's information - Admin are watching this thread and see no reason to close at the present time.

Having said that can we now get back on track?

If you feel that Toby is playing with your head or you are so frustrated that you are going to say something which is not helpful, please just ignore this thread.

Re: Blood in stool!

When I get annoyed by someone’s post I generally just don’t reply. How hard is it?

Re: Blood in stool!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    When I get annoyed by someone’s post I generally just don’t reply. How hard is it?
    Totally agree

Toby problem is you aren't leaving anyone behind, not until you're an old old man surrounded by your wife and children and grandchildren or partner. I can totally relate to health anxiety as I have it, but you were given the all-clear and told to eat a healthier diet, and that you have a hemorrhoid, but you can't wrap your head around it that you are fine because you read a few rare and I do mean extremely rare cases of someone your age having it. That is what we are frustrated about.

Toby. Jumping back a few pages, you said you've always had a bad diet and haven't always had symptoms. As you get older, you'll find there are lots of things you could do as a child that you can't do as an adult. If you like the idea of smoothies but think fruit is too expensive, try frozen fruit. You can add some oats for more fibre. While I don't think for a moment you have bowel cancer, you do need to think about your diet because your future bowel health will suffer otherwise, and you'll continue to be triggered by constipation and bleeding. Well done though for sorting out your routine. I know it isn't easy. If you've got the willpower to do that, I'm sure you can find it within yourself to eat a bit more fruit and veg.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    Toby problem is you aren't leaving anyone behind, not until you're an old old man surrounded by your wife and children and grandchildren or partner. I can totally relate to health anxiety as I have it, but you were given the all-clear and told to eat a healthier diet, and that you have a hemorrhoid, but you can't wrap your head around it that you are fine because you read a few rare and I do mean extremely rare cases of someone your age having it. That is what we are frustrated about.
    Which sounds like most people posting on the Symptoms and HA boards. Some can take the doctors advice and find relief from it that sticks as they push on but most seem not to be able to (if NMP is in any way representative of HA themes). It's just magnified on repetitive poster threads.

And part of that will likely be because HA is a fictional label and straddles several groups of anxiety disorder. Those with OCD with a HA theme will differ to those with GAD (with no cyclical nature) and both have differenced to the Somatoforms (although OCD seems very close due to the obsessional element). Then we have some more terrifed of going to a doctor than hearing they may have xyz.

Terry I have OCD and health anxiety I do get panicked if I think there is something wrong but if a doctor tells me I am all clear and to change my diet I listen and don't keep questioning, anyway I am done with this thread hopefully Toby will one day listen to the doctors and see he is dying not by cancer but by not living life and always worrying he is going to die

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    Terry I have OCD and health anxiety I do get panicked if I think there is something wrong but if a doctor tells me I am all clear and to change my diet I listen and don't keep questioning, anyway I am done with this thread hopefully Toby will one day listen to the doctors and see he is dying not by cancer but by not living life and always worrying he is going to die
    But maybe that’s because we are a bit older and have been there and mostly done it?
    I like you, believed my doctor and would then move onto something else a few weeks later. But some don’t believer their doctors. I don’t quite know how to deal with that problem and how scary it must be.

Can we get this thead back on track please

Page 261 of 290 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast

Thread Information