Page 46 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: My Current Numerous Worries

Re: My Current Numerous Worries

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    I assume people aren't replying because doing so only draws me in more, which would be true. Updated on tongue, I've got an actual ulcer so there's logical explaining won as I assumed I had. Anxiety tried this time but I won that battle. Ankle worry still ongoing though.
    Good job working through that one! The ankle worry is there, but your rational mind knows it's nothing, knows that it only gets inflamed when you prod it, and knows it's just the anxiety making your think about it. You're doing great.

Last edited by SnowyGreen; 10-02-20 at 04:24. Reason: No response back

Arms ache on waking

This happened yesterday morning after an incredibly anxious Friday. Like worst I'd felt in a long time. I woke up and felt tension in both upper arms and thought it was probably the anxiety (worried it a seizure) and again happened this morning. Both arms affected. Trying to be logical.

Logic: Anxiety, feeling unwell in general (caught toddler flu), carrying my child

Anxiety: some form of advanced cancer, sarcoma worry in my ankle has spread, nocturnal seizure.

Re: Arms ache on waking

Most likely carrying your child, I always get stiff arms the next day when I look after my nephew the day before and been holding him a lot.

I assume people aren't replying because doing so only draws me in more, which would be true. Updated on tongue, I've got an actual ulcer so there's logical explaining won as I assumed I had. Anxiety tried this time but I won that battle. Ankle worry still ongoing though.
    We also want you to work through your worries or we risk you viewing responses as reassurance which might mean you falling back into the old cycles. Self reassurance is what is needed and you are doing that. But try to ensure you don't end things with questions as to look a reassurance 'hook' for us because it needs to be a conclusion made by you based on your rationalising.

Keep going, Reb. We can see you are working on this and getting results!

I see this from a different perspective. Around a month ago, your thread got rather contentious and many members who always tried to help (to no avail) had enough and said as much. So you changed your approach. To me, I see you recognizing you've finally gone too far and are trying to get people back into your thread by showing a positive behavior to get the positive reaction (and reassurance). Then, after several of the members who have abandoned the thread are back, you fall right back into the pattern we all know so well. The difference is you post a positive behavior then list your symptoms and seek reassurance as you did above.

I truly hope I'm wrong about this and will gladly and humbly accept the "Told Ya So" when you truly begin the healing process, move on and become a voice of reason on the forum and help others avoid what anxiety has done to you.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 09-02-20 at 14:43.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Witnessed twice that our children DO mimick us. I was playing with my child and genuinely hurt my finger, they copied same thing and said ow. Earlier I was putting ulcer cream on (glam) and they watched and copied and poked his own tongue.
    Last edited by helenhoo; 09-02-20 at 17:28.

Of course they mimic us and pick up on behaviour. That's why you have to be careful around them.
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 10-02-20 at 04:48.

Ulcer advice

I've never really had ulcer that hurts as much as this one, I also have a handful of blood blisters too. I'm not anxious about it but they're incredibly uncomfortable and causing me to lisp. I'm temping in a call centre so I'm stuttering a lot (no disrespect to anyone with a lisp!)

Do blood blisters and ulcers go hand in hand and please any tips to help/foods drinks to avoid?

I'd say all drinks should be taken with a generous pinch of salt.

Page 46 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread Information