Page 127 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Bit of a silver lining here; I have just read on the BBC News website that the number of new confimed cases in Italy have eased off a bit since their 'spike' on Sunday.

I have to bring my dog to the vets today, has a bad ear infection. I'm feeling a bit panicky, finding it hard to go out now, honestly this virus is making my anxiety ten times worse. I'm keeping my parents as safe as I know how, but its made my OCD worse and making me frightened to go outside, which is something I never really suffered with before, because I'm afraid of touching doors, handles, which had me bawling crying earlier. I've stopped crying now, because I know I still have to bring my dog to the vets because I can't see him in pain with his ears but its definitely hard, I'm really struggling through this thing, honestly, its like fighting every fear all at once just to walk out the door.

Anyone else feeling anxious going outside or into places now with this thing going round?

Back around 09 the Swine Flu was discovered coming into the US through Mexico. Yet the government did nothing to curtail the flow of illegal immigration into the country. Eventually 61 million people were infected. Of that 61 million 12 thousand died. Though tragic for those people that number is miniscule.

This latest panic is hype being driven by the media. The virus is going to run it's course and the vast majority of the population will not be affected.

The mainstream media is hyping the virus to harm president Trump during an election year. They're hoping they can use the virus to slow the booming economy and make as if the administration isn't doing much and really doesn't care. It won't work.

Now go wash your hands.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    I have to bring my dog to the vets today, has a bad ear infection. I'm feeling a bit panicky, finding it hard to go out now, honestly this virus is making my anxiety ten times worse. I'm keeping my parents as safe as I know how, but its made my OCD worse and making me frightened to go outside, which is something I never really suffered with before, because I'm afraid of touching doors, handles, which had me bawling crying earlier. I've stopped crying now, because I know I still have to bring my dog to the vets because I can't see him in pain with his ears but its definitely hard, I'm really struggling through this thing, honestly, its like fighting every fear all at once just to walk out the door.

Anyone else feeling anxious going outside or into places now with this thing going round?
    I’m always anxious going out for numerous reasons so things has just added to my list. I guess my way of coping is I get taxis everywhere a few weeks back I walked for a few days to and from where I needed to go. It’s not easy I appreciate it but depending where you live and how many people have it near you could enhance a cause for concern but ideally just wash you hands regular with soap and water. It is not air borne so you don’t need to worry about that. But just take adequate precautions and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will all need a new happy birthday song now we have to sing it twice whilst we wash our hands...... in China the chorus of high rise residents chant about strength and perseverance.....in the UK we sing happy birthday twice as we wash our hands “keep calm and carry on folks”......
    Depending where you are and who hears you singing could be opportunity for restaurants and other outlets to offer freebies for birthdays and just in general (just a thought)

No I don't Mischa, because at this point (and fingers crossed it won't get to that point) its not 'going around'. Maybe at some point it will, and if it does then it does and we will all need to follow careful procedures to protect others etc. but with 51 UK cases out of 65 million people it isn't 'going around'.

I reckon that singing Happy Birthday twice takes about 28 seconds for me, so I think I'll stick to counting rather than singing lol

Is anyone else thinking the government is sounding rather defeatist about it at the moment ? All their plans for 1/5 th of workers off and so on, I thought we were still in 'containment' territory, or that is what WHO says.

@Phoenixess I don't live in a city, but its a large country town, spread out, I think the population was 10k, so big enough but the actual town outside the main area spreads out into the country.

The vets I go to, is fairly quiet, and its a very clean vets and spacious, so I'll wait in the car until we're called into room. I won't be in contact with anyone as in touching or anything, just pay and leave. It's very hard because even going through this I'll be anxious and worried about everything. I'd say I won't be any longer than 20 minutes from getting there and being seen, as it is a very quiet place and seen fairly quickly, hopefully.

I'm actually getting headaches because of all this stress of late.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    @Phoenixess I don't live in a city, but its a large country town, spread out, I think the population was 10k, so big enough but the actual town outside the main area spreads out into the country.

The vets I go to, is fairly quiet, and its a very clean vets and spacious, so I'll wait in the car until we're called into room. I won't be in contact with anyone as in touching or anything, just pay and leave. It's very hard because even going through this I'll be anxious and worried about everything. I'd say I won't be any longer than 20 minutes from getting there and being seen, as it is a very quiet place and seen fairly quickly, hopefully.

I'm actually getting headaches because of all this stress of late.
    Good luck and it’s ok to feel the way you do just try not to let it stop you doing your life

@Phoenixess I will try, its hard but I'll try, thanks!

Another piece of brighter news re Coronavirus.

I also read this afternoon on the BBC News website on the page about 'people being off sick at the same time' due to the virus that 4 more people in the UK have now recovered from the virus, though it actually states that the total number of 'recovered' cases is 12.

As I mentioned earlier upthread, new cases of the virus in Italy (the closest 'epicentre' to us) are now starting to show signs of easing, after reportedly 'spiking' at the weekend, though it's still a tad too early to speculate as to whether they may be over the worst or it being just a temporary 'blip'.

Only time will tell.

Page 127 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast

Thread Information