Page 174 of 384 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

[QUOTE=PanickyGuy;1933053]That site is asking for donations through PayPal. I'm not sure I'd trust that one, especially since it seems to be a knockoff of the WorldoMeter website. The maps nice, though.O[/QUTE]

If you dont trust it please do not post it here/

[QUOTE=Elen;1933068]
    Quote Originally Posted by PanickyGuy View Post
    That site is asking for donations through PayPal. I'm not sure I'd trust that one, especially since it seems to be a knockoff of the WorldoMeter website. The maps nice, though.O[/QUTE]

The person you quoted didn’t post the link they were stating it was untrustworthy, the original poster needs pulling up for posting an untrustworthy source not someone who was pointing out its lack of trusted source of information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Elen;1933068]
    Quote Originally Posted by PanickyGuy View Post
    That site is asking for donations through PayPal. I'm not sure I'd trust that one, especially since it seems to be a knockoff of the WorldoMeter website. The maps nice, though.O[/QUTE]

Last edited by PanickyGuy; 08-03-20 at 19:10.

[QUOTE=PanickyGuy;1933087]
    Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    The fact the site is equally named the wuhan virus also shows its dubious and I heard if it’s referred to as that it is equal to hate crime
    Yes, dear Mike Pompeo was annoying the Chinese greatly by persistently referring to COVID-19 as "the Wuhan Virus" during a press conference the other day.

Well it looks like I missed all the fun. Not that I'll lose any sleep over it.

Anyway my Dad, or 'pop' as lebonvin has it, is still in hossy. The doctors have mentioned the amount of medication he takes and the advice that he needs to drink more water, his kidneys have suffered as a result and I'm assuming this is the site of the infection. Though you have to go hunting for this info with the doctors being so busy. He has to be seen by a physiotherapist before he can go home and social services will be on board in due course. Myself and brother have to be over there tomorrow.

It's funny really because all this is happening at the exact time when I was planning to 'social distance'. The irony...

I'm glad that it appears that your Dad has been been assessed and has a treatment plan in the offing.."In the offing" is the frustrating bit but I hope that social services don't drag their feet for too long with an elderly gentleman who is frail but independent. And yes, social distancing is a joke when hospital visiting but it does put coronavirus in perspective, doesn't it? Good luck for tomorrow-be assertive and push for a plan to be in place before he is discharged would be my advice.

Despite more 'active' cases still being confirmed, 18 people in the UK have now recovered from the virus (according to Wikipedia) and still (to-date) only 2 fatalities, in which I wish my condolences to the families and immediate friends of the 2 whose lives were sadly taken by CV. Also less than 300 cases overall is still rather small with regards to the overall population of mainland Britain.

Last night (Saturday 7th March) I was at a show at a 350-seat theatre within the West Midlands conurbation that was packed to the rafters with every single seat occupied and didn't sense any abnormalities of any kind, and all of the crowd there were happily singing along and cheering seemingly without a care in the world. And that was despite the fact that more than half the punters there were of the 50-75 age group. Also this year's Crufts at the NEC still went ahead from Thursday through today (Sunday) as both the event's organisers and the relevant authorities undertook risk assessments approximately two days prior to last Thursday (the first day of the event), and obviously concluded that CV (at the time) posed no specific threat to the event.

I personally have a feeling that in the not-too-distant future, CV will probably vanish as quickly as it started, and then we'll no doubt be back to worrying about other things once again.

Have a great week,
    Rich (aka Lencoboy)

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Despite more 'active' cases still being confirmed, 18 people in the UK have now recovered from the virus (according to Wikipedia) and still (to-date) only 2 fatalities, in which I wish my condolences to the families and immediate friends of the 2 whose lives were sadly taken by CV. Also less than 300 cases overall is still rather small with regards to the overall population of mainland Britain.

Last night (Saturday 7th March) I was at a show at a 350-seat theatre within the West Midlands conurbation that was packed to the rafters with every single seat occupied and didn't sense any abnormalities of any kind, and all of the crowd there were happily singing along and cheering seemingly without a care in the world. And that was despite the fact that more than half the punters there were of the 50-75 age group. Also this year's Crufts at the NEC still went ahead from Thursday through today (Sunday) as both the event's organisers and the relevant authorities undertook risk assessments approximately two days prior to last Thursday (the first day of the event), and obviously concluded that CV (at the time) posed no specific threat to the event.

I personally have a feeling that in the not-too-distant future, CV will probably vanish as quickly as it started, and then we'll no doubt be back to worrying about other things once again.

Have a great week,
    Rich (aka Lencoboy)

We'll probably be bemoaning the lack of toilet rolls..and resorting to good old fashioned newspaper (old copies of the Sun and DM) as the nation pays the price for panic buying.

I'm really scared for my dad who has asthma and is 55. Plus he works in a hospital

Page 174 of 384 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast

Thread Information