Page 176 of 384 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Ha ha ha ! Ohhhhhhhhhhh, goodness me........

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    .....but Phoenixess......I/We read it online and I'm not sure using the laptop screen is going to be effective ?
    Ah ha! I would avoid all electronics in the nether regions for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    In my less charitable moments, I have hoped that those who panic bought loo roll got a dose of something that caused them to need all that loo roll. Now, in a more forgiving frame of mind, I just hope that all their bulks bought pasta gets eaten by some rats.
    Amoebic dysentery? And pasta bait is very good for attracting Ratty and Mousey to a trap...

Third death in the U.K., the man was in his 60s and had 'significant' underlying conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    We’ll be using the telegraph for arse wipe for years to come
    Given the Barclays are having some difficulties and are trying to sell the paper, that may be all it'll be good for soon...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Dermatologists will be in high demand following over -use of hand sanitisers. Always moisturise before using hand gels to avoid cracking the skin and ironically leaving the skin more vulnerable to infection..
    So its not just me then, I've had to apply E45 cream every night before bed.

When washing hands, I sing my childhood version of 'happy birthday' which includes the line 'squashed bananas and stew'. Though I can't remember the other lines. Yes I know its immature...

Re: Coronavirus in numbers/facts (COVID-19)

Excellent posting - and the stats from Johns Hopkins certainly put the issue into perspective. Even just looking at general news stats on China, the February spike looks to have greatly subsided, perhaps suggesting that the virus is calming down ... one hopes. It doesn't help that now the media has latched onto this subject they are hyping it up to ridiculous degree, and consequently scaring the hell out of everyone - it's everywhere you look - newspapers, TV, Twitter.... I'm getting to the point where I avoid the news, lest my imagination (and anxiety) runs riot.

Keep washing those hands and look out for elderly relatives and neighbouirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    There are 1.4 billion people in China. There have been 6 fatalities and 300 reported cases. Just some perspective, the flu is 4X as deadly. At least its not another ebola outbreak.

Positive thoughts
    I apologise if I've scared anyone with any links posted, I won't do that again in future. I'm not sure where you got the info that flu is 4X more as deadly? I have heard pretty much the opposite (that coronavirus is 3-4X more deadly than the flu). To be honest though, I feel like there's probably cases where people are just having mild symptoms, not reporting it, recover, and then don't become part of the statistic, so the death rate is said to be higher than it really is. Just the other day we had a GP in Aus diagnosed after seeing about 70 patients, and he didn't even show any major symptoms and is on the road to recovery. I'm sure there are many out there in a similar boat who have it and probably don't even know, and might never even know they have it, so surely it can't be as bad as everyone is making it out to be?

It all depends on how you define "more deadly".

If measured by total number of fatalities, the flu is over 100x more deadly than coronavirus. (500,000/yr vs 3,800 to date)

If measured by percentage of people who die when they contract either virus, coronavirus is 35x more deadly than a typical flu, 7x more deadly than the aggressive strains of flu. (3.5% vs 0.1% & 0.5%, respectively)

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Page 176 of 384 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast

Thread Information