Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't agree with lockdown easing.

Re: I don't agree with lockdown easing.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Social distancing is still in place but you can always remain in your homes if you prefer. You can't keep others locked up forever though. Life needs to continue.
    Indeed. If you wish to die for some mass social experiment, feel free to do so.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Indeed. If you wish to die for some mass social experiment, feel free to do so.

What "mass social experiment"? Is that a conspiracy theory? I didn't think you believed in them, Pample.

And why should anyone die if you think social distancing works?

Never Surrender, Comrade

I don’t know how anyone can say it’s ending. They’ve basically said only go to work if you truly can’t work at home and you can go out for a walk more than once a day.

The whole “work from home if you can” thing has been the rule from the first day. Remember, you were only ever allowed to leave your house for essentials, one bit of exercise per day and work purposes. What’s changed from that? We’re allowed to exercise as much as we want, as far as I can see.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I don’t know how anyone can say it’s ending. They’ve basically said only go to work if you truly can’t work at home and you can go out for a walk more than once a day.

The whole “work from home if you can” thing has been the rule from the first day. Remember, you were only ever allowed to leave your house for essentials, one bit of exercise per day and work purposes. What’s changed from that? We’re allowed to exercise as much as we want, as far as I can see.

Social distancing measures are not being eased so what difference does it make whether people are at home or outside? I see people projecting their fears onto others and it is manifesting as rage and hate, unfortunately.

Do what is best for yourselves as you cannot control the behaviour of others.

Never Surrender, Comrade

The new 'stay alert' image is green. It's a subliminal 'GO'.

There will be a LOT of people who now choose to believe that it's back to normal. You watch, this weekend will be mayhem everywhere.

Yes, this is the same as our Alert level 3 and it does take a concerted effort from everyone, the same with social distancing. Actually more people will be working permanently online at home as a result of Covid19 and the lockdown. My fiance is one, he's been told to stay working from home plus he's saving $70 per week in petrol

At 4 pm today (Mon) our PM is making the decision on whether we drop down to Alert Level 2 on Thursday. It will be a live speech from the podium. I'll update on my NZ thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe these people would willingly send us out to our deaths!
    Do you think this might be an overreaction born out of emotional reasoning?

It's very vague at the moment in my opinion. What happens in reality comes down to the implementation of it I.e. how do you get to work? The private sector now have to plan how to do that with social distancing which is tricky. Just because the government lift a restriction doesnt mean employers will bring all their staff in.

I want to see what companies intend to do.

I do think the sunbathing bit is crap though. Pointless and sends a signal you can do things and they cave in. A consequence of this might be other activities as long as you keep your distance as a protest thinking they will cave in again. Take the issue of a signal out and it's still pretty pointless but it might be more to do with stimulation of small businesses in the vicinity...get ready for more photos of large groups wandering along seafronts?

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Social distancing measures are not being eased so what difference does it make whether people are at home or outside? I see people projecting their fears onto others and it is manifesting as rage and hate, unfortunately.

Do what is best for yourselves as you cannot control the behaviour of others.
    Too true, KK. I'm going to be careful and try to avoid people as far as possible; there's not a lot else any of us can do really. We're all dealing with this entirely new situation in our different ways; I might not particularly like it if other people in my area seem either unaware of or unbothered by the pandemic, but that just means I'll steer a wide berth.

As anxiety sufferers, I really think we need to guard against our fear transmuting into anger or hatred; I've been there myself once or twice and I don't ever want to be that person again.

No one is forcing anyone out onto the streets to die. We make choices based on our own circumstances. People will inevitably flout the rules because there will always be idiots out there who think they know better and there will always be people who think they are qualified to dole out their opinions based on fear.

We all need to look out for ourselves and be sensible and some of us need to stop catastrophising.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information