Quote Originally Posted by panicstricken View Post
Hi all well I have finally plucked up the courage to talk to the dr about the overwhelming fear and symptoms I have been having. It didnt go too well the dr i spoke to was very belittling and atm has put me off ever asking for help again.
Sigh!! Some doctors need to be constantly reminded that they are not the tin gods they imagine themselves to be and that in any business exchange the person with the money, i.e. you in this case, is the more important person.

I have never taken this ever I took citalopram bk about 6 years ago and had a really bad reaction to it basically it felt like I had an aneurysm something exploded in the bk of my head. It didnr obviously but they said it was a reaction to the citalopram and I should stop them straight away.
SSRIs can initially trigger headaches by affecting blood vessel tone, constriction and dilation, but it is usually short lived.

I dont want to look up side effects because I will feel every one.
A very wise choice!

Is this an ok medication will it help of hinder?
I can't say whether sertraline will be the right med for you, that can only be determined by trying it, but there is a very good chance it will be. Sertraline is arguably the most benign chemically of the SSRIs. I trust you been only prescribed 10mg for the first week or two to minimise any side-effects? If not, demand a prescription for that dose.