Page 55 of 717 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Thousands of protesters with no face masks or social distancing, the virus being more deadly for BAME . How is that not related to Covid?
    Ah, well say that then. Posting a video of police and protesters battling and calling it “Covid vs multiculturalism” leaves it open for a whole bunch of interpretation.

I just hope that this doesn’t lead to another spike in cases, it’s bizarre watching a video of thousands of people huddled together after weeks of people being scared to go within two metres of each other.

Madhouse Britain: Covid vs Multiculturalism

<b>
    Remember it's The Scum, who are notorious for preaching all things Broken Britain!!

These protests would have probably happened anyway, COVID-19 or not.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation would need to come up with a cool $900 million to fill the void left by the US, on top of their almost $600 million contributions and the $100 million that is apparently the driving force behind the WHO’s big change of heart. That’s a funny way to make money.

The WHO basically failed early on with this virus and it’s actually a bit strange that they didn’t sound the alarm earlier. It took one month after acknowledging the virus to admit there was evidence of human to human transmission. So, either China withheld that info, or the WHO simply didn’t put it out.

If China withheld the info, why aren’t the WHO saying so? That would be a perfect way to create alarm and a scapegoat wouldn’t it? If the WHO decided not to put it out, again, that goes against the idea of them exaggerating it. If they changed their whole position over a poxy $100 million, all while protecting China, who’s contribution is, as you say “tiny”, and all at the risk of losing their biggest contributors in the US, I have to say that’s one of the worst conspiracies I’ve ever heard.

You personally are against vaccination so forgive me if I think there might be a little bit of confirmation bias acting on your part here.

And, as ever, you still haven’t answered my original question, which was a fairly simple one but for some reason it’s spawned all kinds of stories and theories without you even attempting to explain the original premise. Sound familiar? Hollows original premise of a fake virus is still just as stupid as when he first said it. There hasn’t even been an attempt to explain that one, but by Jove there’s been some fanciful stories formed from that premise.

You’re both trying to build mansions on top of foundations that aren’t even in place. How do you fake a virus, and how do you create a global conspiracy that apparently doesn’t involve the most powerful nation on earth, amongst many others?

And please try to answer the questions rather than deflecting, going off on a tangent and posting a shaking head emoji.
    Don't know why you're focusing on WHO when I made many more pertinent points. Derailing?

Look, the WHO does not openly and publicly criticise member states - that is not its style or place. I don't think that they were protecting the interests of any single nation either. Their delay in declaring a "pandemic" could have had many reasons, including waiting for the virus to reach "pandemic" proportions, which would mean the virus having spread to x number of countries first. So all this scapegoating biz is a dead-end argument. Also, as a founding member of the WHO, there are constitutional and congressional hurdles for any President deciding to withdraw from such global organisations, no matter how many Exec Orders they create.

Moving on, we now have a situation where more and more data is becoming available indicating the global response was grossly disproportionate and that lockdowns in the longer term will cause more deaths than COVID-19, which is no deadlier than seasonal influenza.

So why are we being conditioned to embrace the "new normal"? Who has decided what "normal" should be? Why push masks when evidence suggests they will not protect anyone and will do more harm through hypoxia? The pores in a mask are massive compared to virus particles and offer little more than containing spit from coughing. They will certainly do more harm in elderly and those with existing respiratory illnesses. Exemptions need to be made clear otherwise anyone not wearing a mask in public will be viewed with suspicion and fear.

I have spoken about social distancing measures before too - and the intrusive surveillance systems being rolled out.

I have also made clear that I would favour the Sweden/Japan model of guidance only, not lockdown. If people want to self-isolate then fine but locking up people of working age who are not at high risk from the virus is madness and against all principles of a free society. Since time immemorial, sick people are quarantined, not the healthy.

And here - another emot for you

Never Surrender, Comrade

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Ah right, apologies in advance KK, I must be thinking of David Icke.
    Were you fishing again, old trout?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Meanwhile, back in the real world... a low number of cases today, but a doubling of deaths since yesterday. I am more prepared to treat yesterday's low figure as an anomaly, and that about 350 dead a day is the current normal level. Pretty soon, we will pass - by any measure - the figure that was the total civilian casualties in the whole of the UK during the whole of WW2.

Watch that curve rise, people.

Are you working for the 77th Brigade? If we had the same interpretation of events then there wouldn't be any disagreements and no point in discussing them.
    You posted a video about the protests over Floyd. How are we supposed to know you are really raising a point about no masks or social distancing? Or which issue is more important?

As for your point, perhaps they think it's a hoax and have never followed the rules? Perhaps they are just the idiots in society who don't care and carried on doing what they want? It may even be bad organisation and they've decided this is more important. You would have to ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Meanwhile, back in the real world... a low number of cases today, but a doubling of deaths since yesterday. I am more prepared to treat yesterday's low figure as an anomaly, and that about 350 dead a day is the current normal level. Pretty soon, we will pass - by any measure - the figure that was the total civilian casualties in the whole of the UK during the whole of WW2.

Watch that curve rise, people.
    But I suspect that much talked about R number will always remain at 0.9 regardless...

My two bob’s worth and really don’t give a shite what you think is,over here lockdown has worked closing our International Border has worked and along with State Boarders have worked maybe if the borders were closed over in the UK early the numbers may not have been as high.
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 07-06-20 at 16:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    My two bob’s worth and really don’t give a shite what you think is,over here lockdown has worked closing our International Border has worked and along with State Boarders have worked maybe if the borders were closed over in the UK early the numbers may not have been as high.
    You'll be accused of 'gloating' next!!
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 07-06-20 at 16:03.

I say Bring it on really am well enough now WM to handle the nastiness
    Oh I got myself a lovely mask today found it in an antique shop it’s a rippa.

Page 55 of 717 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread Information