Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
Psych decided to try increasing my quetiapine to 300mg first, then a couple of weeks later I upped Mirtazapine to the max 45mg
Why increase both? They both hit the same receptors at about the same potency so upping just one will have about the same impact.

really don’t understand what all the fuss is about regarding venlafaxine, and why all the doctors I’ve seen have referred to it as ‘the big one’ which I assume they mean it’s a very powerful drug, but looking at the pharmacology it looks pretty weak, the Ki numbers are much higher than vortioxetine and most of the SSRI’s so I assume that means it isn’t as potent
It isn't. In fact several of the SSRIs are far more powerful SNRIs than it is, albeit still only weak ones on noradrenaline/norepinephrine reuptake. I really don't understand the fascination UK GPS and psychiatrists seem to have for it. It is less powerful, has more potential risks and can be a real bugger to quit as you've sadly discovered. If they believe a SNRI is warranted then the TCA clomipramine (Anafranil) is the most potent on the market closely followed by another TCA amitriptyline and the SNRI levomilnacipran.

If this doesn’t work the next step will be weaning off the ven and starting vortioxetine.
Why vortioxetine?