Quote Originally Posted by SEANML View Post
My meds as a kid solved nothing (paxil,effexor,olanzapine).
So they didn't work? Can you remember what the maximum dose was and how long you were on that dose?

Also my dr is very frustrated that I am asking for olanzapine back (he is more less saying you bugged me for ziprasadone so take it)
The olanzapine is working now when it didn't before?

But I really dont think I should be messing with my meds during this mental break down lol.
Not if they are working well, although significant weight gain is a concern.

Also, I wonder how much the trazodone is contributing. Although mostly prescribed for insomnia these days, it is a pretty good AD at doses of 200mg/day plus. I don't understand why such a high dose has been prescribed for insomnia. It is usually most sedating at low doses becoming progressively less so as the dose increases with the sweet spot for insomnia being in the 10-100mg range.

*What solved my childhood breakdown was this:
I hit the streets as a homeless kid and did a ton of silly drugs. Boom sobered up after 2 years and my mental problems were gone. So either it was the doing drugs that solved it or the fact that I began living a stressfree life.
I doubt the drugs had a positive effect on your mental state. They usually do the opposite. Some are pretty efficient at destroying neurons, or parts thereof and repair is very slow if it occurs at all.