Page 202 of 717 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Oh dear, apparently we now have a variant Covid19. Covid21 here we come.
    Yeah I've just read the same thing Matt. Just before Christmas too, what bad timing...

Great article above..one of the best I've seen. I live in zero fear of covid. Nada, nil, nothing, zero, zilch, zip. No mask here. No social distancing (which BTW is an oxymoron). I don't wipe surfaces and only wash my hands when they're dirty. I saw a girl in a coffee shop recently who looked like a pinball trying to stay clear of other people lol. Poor thing was terrified out of her teets. Anyway, your CF (covid fear) will do you far more harm than the virus itself will. Covid really isn't that dangerous. For every 1000 people who get it about 2 succumb to it. That ain't a lot folks.

N
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 14-12-20 at 20:45. Reason: reputable links only please

You do you and I’ll do me - I’m going to be worried for the 2 in 1000 that die because if everyone would participate in the basic pillars of infection control (mask wearing, social distancing, etc) then the viral loads that everyone might be exposed to may not be enough to cause severe infection. To me, it’s worth those small inconveniences on my lifestyle to at least try to save lives. It costs me nothing to put a mask over my face and stay 6 ft apart from others.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Oh dear, apparently we now have a variant Covid19. Covid21 here we come.
    It is a worry, but probably best for us all not to jump to conclusions right now.

Apparently quite normal. Don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post

Great article above..one of the best I've seen. I live in zero fear of covid. Nada, nil, nothing, zero, zilch, zip. No mask here. No social distancing (which BTW is an oxymoron). I don't wipe surfaces and only wash my hands when they're dirty. I saw a girl in a coffee shop recently who looked like a pinball trying to stay clear of other people lol. Poor thing was terrified out of her teets. Anyway, your CF (covid fear) will do you far more harm than the virus itself will. Covid really isn't that dangerous. For every 1000 people who get it about 2 succumb to it. That ain't a lot folks.

N
    The Great Barrington declaration makes no suggestions on how best to protect the vulnerable, though, it just says to do it. People with underlying illness, of all ages, are at risk. Obese people, of all ages, are at risk. People over 70 are at risk. So what do we do? Put them all in a big sealed off stadium and all just get on with our lives? That’s not feasible, common sense tells you that.

Congratulating yourself for not wearing masks or social distancing just makes you look like a turd head.
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 14-12-20 at 20:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post

N
    Post reported. I'd almost say Noivous was trolling but that's where free speech stops on this forum.
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 14-12-20 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Post reported. I'd almost say Noivous was trolling but that's where free speech stops on this forum.
    I do think free speech goes a bit too far at times, not just on here but in general.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in banning free speech/expression per se but I strongly believe one of the main reasons why fake news and misinformation thrive in this day and age is because people use free speech as a kind of get-out clause in order to justify spreading it.

With free speech/expression, ultimately comes responsibility.

Also that guy is a self-confessed Trumpite, so kind of sums up his blatant denial and attitudes in general.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 14-12-20 at 18:34.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Apparently quite normal. Don't panic.
    I've just had a dekko at the BBC website and the experts have said that so far there is no evidence that this newly discovered variant of Covid is any more harmful than existing ones,
    nor likely to render the vaccines useless, and essentially urging everyone not to jump to conclusions at this stage, but of course to remain vigilant.

It is also speculated to have been 'imported' from Spain during the late summer period.

I think Matt Hancock was foolish to make such a dramatic announcement during the HoC session this afternoon. There' been a lot of damage limitation reassurance from the virologists ever since. Probably designed to shock people into taking note though?

Page 202 of 717 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast

Thread Information