Thread: Well here we go... 150mg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Well here we go... 150mg

I will keep with the CBT Ian as there are parts that I like, and like you say I will most likely pick up some tips along the way.
    5 Nights on the increased nort now and I must say this is the worst I've felt in a few weeks, I've even contemplated the diazepam this morning, I won't though as I'm not quite climbing the walls. I hope this is just the nort settling in and not me going backwards. Could the nort be raising my anxiety, even though it's only a 10mg jump?

Think I'm going to move my desk downstairs today in the back room, we have big double doors in there so I can see outside rather than working in my bedroom where it faces the wall. Plus I don't like being in my bedroom all day as my husband often wants us to watch a film in bed after work so I'm back in there at half 7 after working in there all day. I wish corona would do one so I could work at my parents house, I like chatting to my dad between work. The older two kids have gone back to their uni houses and the youngest is on teenager time so he doesn't surface till at least 3pm after being up on play station all night with his mates. I think he is starting to struggle with lockdown, he is really sociable and is always out either at college or out with mates or his girlfriend. His girlfriend lives in the next town so he can't even go for a walk with her. The dog is also poorly this morning, he back been sick 3 times so I need to keep an eye on him and call the vets if it carries on. What I wouldn't do for a hammock on a tropical beach with a woo woo or 3.

Right, onwards and backwards (I saw someone on here has put that as their footer on their posts and I felt it was quite apt.)
    Take care. Ava x

Re: Well here we go... 150mg

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise10 View Post
    5 Nights on the increased nort now and I must say this is the worst I've felt in a few weeks, I've even contemplated the diazepam this morning, I won't though as I'm not quite climbing the walls. I hope this is just the nort settling in and not me going backwards. Could the nort be raising my anxiety, even though it's only a 10mg jump?
    It may be the nortriptyline, Ava. While it is only a small dose increase you're raising it at a vulnerable time with the venlafaxine dose increase not yet working that well and possibly also elevating anxiety levels, or at least keeping them on a hair trigger. It probably more the nortriptyline being the straw that broke the camel's back than the whole load. The better news is this will likely be short-lived. 🤞

Right, onwards and backwards
    This is the real metaphor of life, not the 'onwards and upwards' rallying cry. What mostly happens with the 'upwards' bit is you faint from lack of oxygen and find yourself flat on your back looking up at your starting point.

Thread Information