Page 338 of 717 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well at least you've got a brain and live in the real world, AV.

Unlike some, who would rather worship cretins like David Icke and those of his ilk and believe all the BS CT propaganda they constantly spew out.
    LB, have you noticed Vee's initials are AV? Anti-vaxxer?

At this rate I'll be frozen solid before ever getting the chance of catching Covid. STILL waiting for the gasman to fix the boiler, two days now.

Today's cases (4k) are the lowest since September.

Let's hope it all doesn't start going pear-shaped again after this week now the schools have started back.

But at least if cases do start going up again over the coming days/weeks, it should be pretty easy to drill down to the likely reasons behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Today's cases (4k) are the lowest since September.

Let's hope it all doesn't start going pear-shaped again after this week now the schools have started back.

But at least if cases do start going up again over the coming days/weeks, it should be pretty easy to drill down to the likely reasons behind it.
    Cases will inevitably rise due to the return of schools but at a certain point we need to realise that cases in school age kids are of no real concern. It’s now abundantly clear that the vaccines work and work very very well. Indeed, hospitalisations in those over 85, the first group vaccinated, have fallen 90% since January. In my opinion this should be headline news, but I guess good news doesn’t sell so whatever.

Kids aren’t affected by this. They just aren’t. The biggest concern is who they’re passing it to, so if parents and grandparents are vaccinated there shouldn’t be a problem.

We need to push these vaccines and we need to do it quickly. My personal opinion, and it is only my opinion, is that when over 50’s and younger folk with certain conditions are vaccinated we need to end these lockdowns once and for all. We can’t keep this up for a minute longer than necessary, it’s time to start thinking about living again rather than cowering in fear.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    At this rate I'll be frozen solid before ever getting the chance of catching Covid. STILL waiting for the gasman to fix the boiler, two days now.
    Pity I can't magically transport some of the PM Electric Fire Museum to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Pity I can't magically transport some of the PM Electric Fire Museum to you...
    Aww thanks PM, I bet one of yours would have our little house as warm as toast in no time. We do have an electric heater, its one of those with the fake flames/logs. However they don't make them like they used to.

The guy came out and said he can't fix the boiler because its an electrical issue. I did say it had no power? So its been rebooked as an emergency.

Why do boilers always choose the coldest times to pack up? I'm sorry, Fishman..I live in fear of mine breaking down too. Hopefully you'll get it fixed tomorrow-So frustrating when it can't be sorted by one visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Cases will inevitably rise due to the return of schools but at a certain point we need to realise that cases in school age kids are of no real concern. It’s now abundantly clear that the vaccines work and work very very well. Indeed, hospitalisations in those over 85, the first group vaccinated, have fallen 90% since January. In my opinion this should be headline news, but I guess good news doesn’t sell so whatever.

Kids aren’t affected by this. They just aren’t. The biggest concern is who they’re passing it to, so if parents and grandparents are vaccinated there shouldn’t be a problem.

We need to push these vaccines and we need to do it quickly. My personal opinion, and it is only my opinion, is that when over 50’s and younger folk with certain conditions are vaccinated we need to end these lockdowns once and for all. We can’t keep this up for a minute longer than necessary, it’s time to start thinking about living again rather than cowering in fear.
    That's exactly my point, Gary.

As necessary as I think this existing lockdown has been up until now, there does come a point where the authorities should bite the bullet and attempt to relax restrictions, but in a graduated way as is what's currently happening rather than all in one go. Let's face it, we can't hide away in our caves forever more.

And like you said, the situation is generally less critical with younger kids, plus the vast majority of the most vulnerable age groups and those with underlying health conditions have now already had their first jabs, so now far less likely to require hospitalisation or even die of Covid.

All in all, it's a 'wait and see' situation.

Looking outside I see two vehicles visiting my neighbour.

Back in lockdown for Whitsun, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Looking outside I see two vehicles visiting my neighbour.

Back in lockdown for Whitsun, then.
    I totally understand your concerns PM about people letting their guard down prematurely, but remember the situation with your neighbour is hardly representative of the entire country.

Anyway, I think I'm due another break from this forum for a few days.

Page 338 of 717 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast

Thread Information