Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: disappointed with nmp about some issues , let me explain

Re: disappointed with nmp about some issues , let me explain

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    You can express your thoughts about Covid, but this is an online forum, you can’t expect to post online and have people always agree with you.

Healing anxiety is about recognizing irrational thoughts and fears and realizing they are irrational and putting them in their proper place. People pointing out to you that your belief in Covid conspiracy is irrational is part of that process.

agree , but the thread wasn't to discuss covid.

If you make something public, people are going to respond.

I empathize with your pain, though; anxiety sucks no matter what you believe (and cats are brilliant, that's definitely a fact)

My goodness I hope you aren't a counsellor, not to mention you not reading the OP, which stated not needing to discuss the belief in covid, do you understand what "irrational" means.

You know FTL.... you state in your initial post this is not about believing in COVID or not but more about the effects of the societal response to it yet the first few paragraphs are all about your disbelief! Of course, most here and everywhere else has stress about the situation and there are dozens of posts about it. I don't think we'd be a human is we didn't suffer stress under the circumstances. This has affected the entire world regardless of personal opinions, beliefs or anxiety. But intentional or not, you struck a nerve and are seeing the repercussions of that. You could have just posted about the stresses of lockdowns and restrictions as many have done without bringing up your disbelief in facts. You've opened a volatile can of worms here and frankly, I think you know it! If you don't like the way this is going, delete the thread and move on. Simple as that

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 09-03-21 at 19:19.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by blessednotstressed View Post
    fear makes people very susceptible to control
    Indeed it does, at which point they turn to conspiracy theories and start reading books by David Icke.

Indeed it does, at which point they turn to conspiracy theories and start reading books by David Icke.
    ...and that was part of the premise of the article that I tried to post earlier, and failed at.

BlueIris, I'm still curious about why you asked me whether I think children should be vaccinated or put another way, do I agree with parents that don't want their children vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by blessednotstressed View Post
    No problem, it's just 120 second scan break the flow of a debate but thank you for your reply.
    Just reply using your other account then.

sock-puppet.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    BlueIris, I'm still curious about why you asked me whether I think children should be vaccinated or put another way, do I agree with parents that don't want their children vaccinated.
    Because it was the closest thing I could think of to covid denialism, in terms of the potential to cause harm to individuals taking appropriate precautions for the public good. I'm not saying you do this, but I think you suggested these views should be given a platform.

I'm really not trying to start a ruck here, I just don't see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I stand by my original point. Repeatable results are irrelevant since they can be manufactured.

Repeatable data constituted dunking witches not so far back in history. For all we know furure science might change something we currently accept.

My point is to be open to our views of our world being disproved by later scientists
    You're confusing repeatable science and results with research or a study.

The 'science' of virology and results of covid testing are long, long standing. It's not the same as doing a study of X amount of people to see how high certain groups can jump. Studies are allowed to cherry pick data and show what suits the purpose of the study. That isn't the same as being able to test that water still boils at 100 deg at sea level, or that a wave bounces off a flat surface at a certain angle. Some stuff we do actually 'know' now because we understand the mechanisms behind them, dunking witches was an assumption (see previous explanation of what that word actually means) based on observation. It's not the same thing, and not an accurate analogy.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information