Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Profuse Sweating

Re: Profuse Sweating

That's a tiny dose. I'm not sure what that's meant to achieve? It would be good if you could get a referral from your GP for another psychiatric assessment and then you could get some consistency with your meds regime? All the details about your hospital visit will be on your notes so you don't have to remember exact dates.

I can imagine that it will be hard to see a psychiatrist on the NHS at the moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's a tiny dose. I'm not sure what that's meant to achieve? It would be good if you could get a referral from your GP for another psychiatric assessment and then you could get some consistency with your meds regime? All the details about your hospital visit will be on your notes so you don't have to remember exact dates.

I can imagine that it will be hard to see a psychiatrist on the NHS at the moment though.
    Yeah I read that dose has no therapeutic use. I do believe one of the reasons I was sent back to GP was because it was difficult for them to provide any care during the current situation. I've got a callback on Friday to discuss with my doctor so I can get some idea of what's going on and discuss my recent issues.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

My son has continued seeing an NHS psychiatrist and psychologist throughout the pandemic. I think you are being fobbed off.

That's what frustrates me pulisa and makes me think what's the point in following medical advice when they're giving me the wrong meds, and are not very interested in helping me.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

If you say that your meds aren't helping you then your GP will have to refer you to the psychiatrist again? The very least you could have is a telephone consultation.

If you say that your meds aren't helping you then your GP will have to refer you to the psychiatrist again? The very least you could have is a telephone consultation.
    This is what happened. I had a telephone consultation and was told to give quetiapine a try. And then they handed me back to the care of my doctor with instruction not to alter my medications.

☪️️

Not ever?

Not ever?
    For anything relating to mental health the doctor can not alter.

☪️️

So you could be referred back at any time for a meds review though?

So you could be referred back at any time for a meds review though?
    Yeah. For example, if I asked the doctor to change the paroxetine she would have to speak to them directly. If I have worsening of symptoms she would have to make a referral again.

☪️️

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information