Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: AlS .. very very scared..Dont know how to handle this. Please help

Re: AlS .. very very scared..Dont know how to handle this. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
    Fishmanpa,
    Sorry if I caused any problems in this forum didn't mean to..
    This emg to me isn't very good and scared me. Sorry again..

Emg of legs ..

Findings: evaluation of the left peroneal motor nerve showed no response (ankle)
    And no response (BFIB)

Evaluation of the left peroneal f wave showed no response. All remaining F waves were within normal limits.

H-reflex studies indicate Right tibial H Reflex has abnormal NR.

EMG needle evaluation of the left extensor digitorum brevus showed motor amplitude.

Impression: Chronic denervation in the right
    L4 AND bilateral L5. Absent CMAPS nd
    EDB responses is of uncertain significance
    Mate you are being very misleading. The top few results are NOT from the emg, they are from the NCS. NCS does not having anything to do with als, and an abnormal NCS points away from ALS because there is obviously another cause of the issue. You were told this so you’re being disingenuous.

I understand you are worried but you have been cleared multiple times

While I don’t appreciate being questioned as I’m not the one posting on the forums, i suppose it is a fair question. I’m still subscribed to the updates that get emailed cause I never bothered to turn them off from years ago, and saw the post - same forum name. I also wouldn’t compare my fear to fear of people on here and the ones that post there. If you have read my posts you would see if never had an over the top fear and I was fine as soon as I got the negative test. You would also see that most of my posts have nothing to do with myself, I’m usually trying to help or at least provide perspective to other people, which I fee I have done quite a good job with in many cases - especially when most people with hypochondria are impossible to dissuade from their skewed beliefs. These people have had every test under the sun come back negative and still harass dying people, it’s disgraceful.

As a great doctor told me many years ago, you have to stop living in your own head because nothing you are worrying about is grounded in reality.
    Thanks for the honest reply which does clarify everything . (I was just checking, as we've had people with grudges in the past come over from other forums, clearly that is NOT you, as your morality shines through in your words.)

I've looked back at your post history, and you did indeed accept your negative EMG. I think your knowledge and background could be very useful with the ALS/MND believers on this forum actually , and the posts you make very insightful - as I had no idea that those results posted could indicate anything 'telling' but background you provided is incredibly useful. I know a good bit about MND on the ground, so to speak, but not medical terminology and tests.The very hardest of HA people to deal with are those who never believe doctors or test results.

Expresso - I'm afraid there is only one way to go here now. Find out what and why you have the symptoms you have, one thing is certain, it is NOT ALS/MND. I know you feel that the tests are wrong, that people are wrong that you KNOW you have it, that something is being missed, that you MUST and DO have it. The belief in your head is consuming and irrefutable, you feel a desperation, but you have fuelled it yourself (the belief) through your own desperate fear. I understand that feeling. You must use every piece of strength you have now to start counteracting your negative thought processes and repeating why you need to accept the results you have. You simply must not go onto the ALS forum, leave those people who are dealing with your worst fear FOR REAL to support and help each other. They must not waste their time on HA.
    Last edited by Carys; 19-05-21 at 08:15.

May I ask, after several members have advised against it, why you continue to feed your dragon on the ALS forum?

Expresso

Member · 60

Joined Apr 21, 2021
    Last seen 32 minutes ago · Viewing thread
    Could this be ALS ??? Very scared

​FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa, I guess because when i look
    At me leg and see its considerably smaller then right and I notice my right gluteus muscle has decreased.i have some twitching in the same area everyday in the back and left shoulder. . It sets me off. Right now my speech is a littke off ive been fumbling over some words and my voice continues to be horse. Swallong dosent feel right also. Feeling of a lil numbness around my lip area.. My legs over past 2 weeks feel weak when ever I try to stand on them .
    Thats what keeps my mind on this.
    My wife continually tries to tell me I'm just to dam stress. Always thought I was pretty intelligent I guess I read too much on this .its consumed me . Can all of this be from my anxiety over this. Is it possible to have all this at once in 1 month and half.
    I do have an appt Monday with a neurologist that is the director of the ALS clinic in stoney brook long island.
    To try and put an end to all of this.
    Anxuety and stress are at an all time high. 24/7

That's the whole story in a nutshell..
    Last edited by Expresso; 21-05-21 at 17:34.

The ALS rabbit hole is deep and it's quite apparent you're in over your head. You're still spending inordinate amounts of time reading on the ALS forum and are now paying for further reassurance despite being told you have a nerve issue. In the 7 years I've been responding to ALS fears, there hasn't been one case and I believe that streak will continue. Let us know what the next doctor says.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Fishmanpa, yes I know.. im in deep. But I also know my body.. my left leg is severely atrophied and my right gluteus muscle has diminished and that with knowing my emg showed chronic denervation. I cant think of a good reason why it's like that. Well that's really scaring me..im sorry. I hope its all for naught. But I'm very nervous. Very

Fishmanpa, just got back from Appt with the. 2nd neurologist whos the director of the ALS clinic in Stoney brook long island. He looked at previous emgs from my first Neurologist.Did a brief clinical observation. . He concurred with first Neurologist that theres no sign of⁴ ALS.

Quote Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
    Fishmanpa, just got back from Appt with the. 2nd neurologist whos the director of the ALS clinic in Stoney brook long island. He looked at previous emgs from my first Neurologist.Did a brief clinical observation. . He concurred with first Neurologist that theres no sign of⁴ ALS.
    Good to hear. Hopefully, you can now put this behind you. Good luck!

Positive thoughts

YOu must believe now, work on telling yourself that day and night whenever thoughts come into your head and sew doubt. Leave the ALS forum alone, don't go there. So, what do they think might be causing your nerve damage, the stenosis ?

Leave the ALS forum alone, don't go there.
    Expresso... You really need to stop reading that forum. You don't have ALS and you're only hurting yourself by going there feeding your unfounded fear.

FMP

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information