Thread: Als MND panic- please help me!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Als MND panic- please help me!

Have you researched into the link between FNDs and anxiety disorders though? Just to make a change from the self-testing regime? Even if you don't believe a word of it.

Do you think going back on sertraline may help a bit with the "catastrophist you"? Just to help you get more of a hold on the physical manifestations of your distress? xx

Re: Als MND panic- please help me!

Yes I am certain going back on sertraline would help- ssris seem to work for me (by “work” I mean they get me to a level where I can function...). But I knew coming off them would result in an increase in anxiety, at least in the short term, and I had warned myself to expect and accept it. So I will keep going for a little longer. If it doesn’t ease, and I continue to be unable to function in the way I want to....I will admit defeat. Or partial defeat and go onto a lower dose than I was on before.
    And good idea about researching the link between FND and anxiety disorders. I imagine they are even more common amongst health anxiety sufferers, and in particular those who are anxious about neurological disorders. Research like this would probably be more healthy than the endless locked-in-bathroom strength testing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Have you researched into the link between FNDs and anxiety disorders though? Just to make a change from the self-testing regime? Even if you don't believe a word of it.

Do you think going back on sertraline may help a bit with the "catastrophist you"? Just to help you get more of a hold on the physical manifestations of your distress? xx

Thread Information