Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)

Yay, got my new signature.

Hey Jim, you won't be deserting ANYONE!!! hahah, remember that site on the links pages, is just another support for ya!!! We know your not going any where, hope not!!! , but I do feel it will help you ALSO!!!!

hmmmmmm now whats this about self harming?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand how hard things can be, but may not fully appreciate how you may be feeling at times, god knows understanding our feelings can be hard!!!!!perhaps you could ring those people and have a chat to someone on their helpline, just a thought mate!!!

I think your right, take one day at a time eh!!! please take care of you ok!!!!!!!

Love sky

Yep, that says it all doesn't it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skylight2007 View Post
    perhaps you could ring those people and have a chat to someone on their helpline, just a thought mate!!!
    I have so many helplines and stuff to call, but it's so hard when you're feeling like that. The last thing I feel like doing is phoning someone.

I think the secret for me is to speak to someone before I get too far into that state of mind, but that's hard too.

I shouldn't really post about that sort of stuff, it only scares people and 'I'm told' it reinforces the behaviour when people respond to it in the wrong way. I feel ashamed about it, I wish I didn't do it.

I could go into some massive explanation now of why I think it happens, but I think it's better to just put it behind me and move on, otherwise I end up worrying about worrying about it.

(Changed the signature twice before I settled on that 1, lol)

Jim

Well I have been diagnosed with BPD and I hate it!!!!a lot...oh I have to go and when I come back we'll talk more about it.I am soooo glad to read a thread about this because with this condition I feel terribly lonely!
    Pretzel

You are not alone Pretzel,

Some of the other people who have posted on this thread have it too. It sucks doesn't it, it's taken me ages to come to terms with the fact I have it, or at least some of the traits of it.

Glad you found it, we are all trying to help and support each other.

Would be good to know how you're getting on with it and maybe some of our other posts might help. I've got my other thread (here) where I'm posting about the therapy (DBT) I'm getting, which might help you a bit.

When were you diagnosed, are you getting any treatment for it too?

Jim

I have been diagnosed officially in 2002 they had been talking about it earlier.I still don't think I am totally all they say to be a BPD but I too have some traits I guess.Last year I was in intense 6 months therapy for it (DBT) and it actually helped but I don't think it can ever go away and it my case it gets all tangled up with the anxiety and panic,also depression and I don't know what is what anymore but one things for sure I have trouble keeping my friends but no trouble making them and I feel like I am constantly being abandonned.I just moved in a new city wich threw me rigth off the balance but I am now seeing a psychiatrist for the first time since 2002 for meds...we'll see they were never before able to find a med for me so I'll be suprised if they do now.I have to keep hoping....ah somehow...because I get terribly hopeless,alone and suicidal.The worst is looking at me you never tell I have anything psychologically wrong with me so people draw easely to me but...draws away as fast.I think I should learn how to handle my relationships.Ok I go on and on this is it...just so good to vent.Thanks for listening....Pretzel

Hey thanks, don't worry about 'going on and on', have a scroll back a few pages and read some of my epics.

I'm kinda at the start of all this, It's only been recognised in the last 5-6 months that I have the BPD traits on top of all my other problems. I'm just starting the DBT therapy, will be for a minimum of 6 months. I'm trying to stay positive that it will help, but it is hard.

I too get all tangled up with the depression, panic and anxiety disorders I have, which makes everything harder. I've been having a particularily hard time with the depression and self destructive thoughts recently. The lonelyness gets to me too, as I'm totally agoraphobic now, it makes it virtually impossible to go out and meet people.

I've pretty much lost my job and my life has totally gone down the tube over the last year or so. I even have trouble getting into relationships, let alone losing them. I've lost a lot of friends, but thankfully I have a few true friends who have stuck by me no matter what.

I've been going through different meds and have yet to find something that completely cures the depression and anxiety. I went through Prozac, Citalopram, Seroxat and now Effexor. Will be upping the dose next week and also starting antipsychotics, so will let you all know how that goes.

Good to have another fellow sufferer here, we are not so alone now. All we can do is keep hoping and trying to stay positive I guess.

Let us know how things get on with your psychiatrist.

Jim

Pretzel (((((HUGS)))))

You are definitely not alone with this

I agree - it's tough, however just try and keep your chin up, no matter how hard it is at times, things change - don't give up the fight

We are all trying to help each other. I hope it's good to know your not the only one suffering with this?

Things will get better for you This is what you are like at this moment in time, however, it won't always be like this. I have problems with relationships too.

Take care

Jim

Just wanted to let you know that I think your a star - your coping with all this very well

I've pm'd you too obviously but just wanted to let you know on here

You have loads of courage and inner strength - keep fighting mate!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information