Thread: PLEASE RESPOND- Going back on prozac again for the fourth time and I'm scared

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: PLEASE RESPOND- Going back on prozac again for the fourth time and I'm scared

You need to stop ruminating about 'mental breakdowns' lest it become a self-fulfilling prophesy. An anxious mind can wreak havoc if given the chance. You didn't have a mental breakdown before so there is no reason why you would now. Try and keep busy when awake so you don't have time to dwell on such thoughts.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to have that happen but my anxiety gets the best of me especially in the morning with the random words, sayings, and mind chatter when I wake up. I get scared. I do want to be ok. I don't want to think myself into going crazy.

Re: PLEASE RESPOND- Going back on prozac again for the fourth time and I'm scared

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysmar09 View Post
    I don't want to think myself into going crazy.
    Try countering those thoughts with the fact that you never did at other tough times, so there is no reason why you would this time. Challenge such negative thoughts every time they pop up.

Now I don't sleep and in the morning I'm having racing random thoughts and anxiety. Im trembling and shaking in the am.
    If you can't sleep get out of bed and do something for a while, read a book, watch the anxiety videos if they help, or TV, etc, and then try again. Laying there waiting for sleep gives the mind time to ruminate which not only allows anxious thoughts to take hold, but inhibits sleep.

I went to the mental health clinic today and they gave me trazadone 100mg which is making me nervous.
    At high doses, 200mg plus, trazodone is a pretty good antidepressant, but it is mostly prescribed these days for SSRI induced insomnia. Try taking only half, or even a quarter the first night if that makes it easier for you.

One thing they talk to me about was coming up with coping skills which right now I don't have.
    Is therapy an option? If it is then CBT, REBT, mindfulness would be worth pursuing.

Thread Information