Thread: Lasting dizziness after a month?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lasting dizziness after a month?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Who makes the generic you're taking?
    The company is Novadoz. For some reason, this is the only company to make it in my area of the U.S. and is the only one I can get from any pharmacy in my state. The pharmacist literally told me that if I have any problems with this medication, there is nothing they can do. That was before I filled the first prescription, which I found very odd since I didn't ask anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    You are unlikely to have developed a dependency, however, you still shouldn't just quit taking it as there is a small to moderate risk of seizures with a sudden stoppage. I urge you to discuss coming off this med with your doctor before quitting. Seek advise on how to taper off if this is what is decided.
    I have talked to them and they are very lackadaisical with my treatment. They have left it up to me about the taper. These are also the doctors that had me come off of 20mgs of valium that I had taken for over 6 years in just 4 weeks. They have become so scared of these types of medications since the "opiate epidemic" that very little input as to how to safely come off is being given. They just want you off as soon as possible so that the prescription is not in their name. I was only given two options for my anxiety after the list of medications that I had tried, one being Lyrica and the other being Seroquel. I gave the Seroquel a go with no success and then to the Pregabalin again. They are using these medications as a "loophole" to benzos. Especially the Seroquel. I heard 4 different patients being prescribed this the same day in the waiting room of my Pdoc. (The psychiatrist I see is in a practice with multiple doctors, but have the same waiting room and front desk nurse)

Last edited by Jakemje; 27-12-21 at 14:00.

20+ year suffer of GAD/Panic Disorder

If they offer it, I have tried it

Thread Information