Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
As I understand it you are being treated by a psychologist for the stress. How long have you been seeing the psychologist? What does he/she have you working on to help you better manage your stress levels and do you think this is working?

Mirtazapine is a sedative which dampens stress by sedation and helps you to sleep both of which can improve mood. I suspect you gained the most from sleeping better.

As per above, I think the main assistance you're getting from the med is the improvement in sleep.

It is usually no more difficult to taper from a high dose than a smaller one. Withdrawal symptoms are typically at their worst when tapering off the last few milligrams, not at the high end cuts.

I suspect that no matter how slowly you taper off you will soon be back to where you were a week ago. Your problem isn't that you tapered off the med too quickly, or incorrectly, but that nothing has really changed in the underlying condition and as soon as you have a sleepless night you'll be right back where you started.
something went wrong quoting. See my post above thanks