Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 87yo Dad in hospital, I think it's serious

Re: 87yo Dad in hospital, I think it's serious

Blue Thinking of you.

I think it's just the backlash from the recent stress Blue, carry on with what you normally do to help with anxiety and it will pass.

I have noticed over the last few years that we definitely cope with adrenaline in the stressful times, but a few days later all the physical symptoms appear. This too will pass x

Thanks, Scass. My period's decided to continue past a week, so that's obviously the focus of my fears now.

I've only just seen this with being away, Blue. I'm really sorry about this happening but glad he has come out and there is a support network to ease the physical & emotional load.

My mum was in hospital for 2 and a half weeks in September. We were like zombies once back home. Being at the hospital 6 hours a day doing what we could (she wouldn't accept food or meds off anyone, although one brilliant nursing assistant managed a connection which we were very grateful for). It is very draining and it can hit you so that you find yourself in slumps but you will get through it.

It's made even harder by the complicated emotions of the past but I think you will find your way through it. From what I know of you on here you are someone, who whilst you may be more the type to go inwards, you want to take things on. You've got courage. And cut yourself some slack because anyone would be the same. It's because you have a caring nature that it hits you, an uncaring selfish person wouldn't feel your emotional workload.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information