Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concerns about concrete scare in buildings

Re: Concerns about concrete scare in buildings

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Got to admit, I'm surprised about Mid Beds; I know the area quite well and it's wonderful to see some sanity return.
    Yes, a historically 'blue wall' area. A kind of reverse situation to Hartlepool in May 2021 which by contrast is historically a 'red wall' area.

I reckon the political pendulum is cyclical and seems to come full circle every 25-30 years or so at the very most, especially as I quoted the expression 'what goes around comes around' a couple of posts upthread. Locally it seems a bit like 1996-97 repeating itself as our last by-election was in the spring of 1996 that was won by Labour's Brian Jenkins (eventually defeated in May 2010 by the now-disgraced Tory MP Chris Pincher) who replaced the previous sitting (Tory MP) David Lightbown who passed away at the end of 1995, after serving almost 13 years as our local MP since 1983, whose tenure was almost of the same time-span as our recently fallen-from-grace MP Chris Pincher, and then just over a year later in May 1997, New Labour came to power nationally.

What is guaranteed when/if Labour get into power, is that the poor will remain poor, the rich will remain rich. Those in the middle will be screwed to pay the shortfall from those at each end of the financial scale who fail/avoid to contribute to the system.
    The same, of course, applies should the conservatives remain in power.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    What is guaranteed when/if Labour get into power, is that the poor will remain poor, the rich will remain rich. Those in the middle will be screwed to pay the shortfall from those at each end of the financial scale who fail/avoid to contribute to the system.
    The same, of course, applies should the conservatives remain in power.
    Your opinion, of which of course you're entitled to. But only time will tell, whatever the event.

Back to the original topic of this thread; seemingly nothing further has been mentioned about the RAAC scare in certain buildings in the news since I first started this thread around early September.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Back to the original topic of this thread; seemingly nothing further has been mentioned about the RAAC scare in certain buildings in the news since I first started this thread around early September.
    I was only thinking about this once again earlier today when back in September there was a massive hoo-ha about this RAAC business, but since then the media seem to have dropped said issue like a hot potato.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information