Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)

Aww, I know what you mean, I wish I could give you a real big hug, have a few of these too.

(ahh my eyes, lol )

I'm feeling ok tonight, much better than i did the last few days on those other tablets and glad I had a chat with my psychiatrist, although it did need a new pair of pants after I answered the phone and it was him!

I'ts never good having 2 apts in 1 day, I've had 2 in 2 days and felt awful before. 1 appointment is a lot to take in, let alone 2. Give yourself some time for it all to sort itself out in your head.

Jim

After virtually no sleep last night, had a fairly good day today for a change , a little anxiety but had a nice relaxing day on the whole. My housemates were out for the day and I'm alone in the house and not feeling too anxious about it.

I got all my essential oils I ordered in the post this afternoon, so they are doing a world of good. Spent the whole day watching tv in bed and just chilling out.

Have got all the candles out tonight and I'm planning to continue my chill out session.

Hopefully I'll sleep a bit better tonight.

Jim

Did anyone watch Holby City tonight? I wonder what people thought about the portrayal of the character with the 'Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder' (alternative name for BPD)?

I found it quite upsetting, I'm more of a casual watcher so I've not followed the whole story line. They only covered a few of the symptoms but it was quite scary to watch, I hope I never get to being quite that bad.

Jim

I didn't see holby city tonight hun, probably just as well from the sounds of it.

Was it pretty bad?

Have sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Louise87 View Post
    Was it pretty bad?
    Yeah, I thought it was... It's probably a good thing you didn't see it.

The main story was about a patient who had got involved with one of the doctors who was treating her. I haven't seen the whole build up to it, but I assume he had been holding back from getting heavily involved with her but wanted to. A few kisses etc. Meanwhile the guy in the wheelchair (name??) had looked up her medical history and found out the psychiatric problems she had, and tried to warn the doc involved. He wasn't having any of it. She had gone and thrown herself down ther stairs of a shopping centre in an attempt to get his attention as self harm, and ended up getting a brian heamatoma. He opperated and had to cut off her hair and went she woke up she kinda flipped out about it and went really mad at him. There were bits of talk about the symptoms of it and whether she might be suffering and whether the doc had acted professionaly, etc. He ended up getting suspended from his job. And she got sectioned for the self harm attempt.

Obviously that's the shortened 'Jim' explanation about it, lol.

Doesn't exactly portray us in a particularily good light I guess.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

Doesn't exactly portray us in a particularily good light I guess.
    Nope

I'm glad I didn't see it, probably not the right thing for me to be watching just now lol.

Take care Jim, and sleep well hun

Haven't read all these posts but I'm pretty sure I'm BPD. I bit all the critera to a tee. So much so it's like the critera was designed to fit me. Am waiting to get assessed to find out

Good luck Polly. Has it been mentioned to you before or have you discussed it with a psych or anything?

Remember that it's not really a condition, just a label that is used to describe a wide range of symptoms. I was so upset when I first found out I have some of the traits of it, it's so discriminated against by the mental health world.

I definately have it, along with depression & panic disorder etc. It's a right pain, I'm always questioning myself whether it's the BPD talking or really me nowdays.

I'm starting my therapy (DBT) for it very soon, it's gonna be hard work I think. I don't hold much confidence in talking therapy 'curing' me but, I'm going to give it a go.

Jim

Hi,
    I haven't read all through this thread. A lot to catch up on. I just wanted to say I think you are very brave sharing what you have and I am so impresed with the way you are dealing with things. Good on ya mate!
    Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Hear hear! (Or is it here here?!)

Anyway....I also wanted to thank you for posting this. It has been a fascinating (and yes, very long) read. I think you are an extremely brave and intelligent guy, and a big 'well done' for summoning the courage to talk about such difficult things. You are right in saying that there isn't much on NMP about BPD. I think it is good for us all to learn about something new.

Thanks also to Louise and Skylight for their posts in this thread. Louise - havent chatted to you in a while. I am sorry to hear you've been having a hard time. How are you doing?

I think I'll have to read it all again when I am less tired! But you've opened my eyes to something I know nothing about, so I thank you.

Good luck with everything, and keep hold of that inner strength that you so obviously have. Believe in yourself - you have so much to offer.

Night night xxx

(hope I'm not taking liberties by using this!!)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information