Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of dentist. Extraction needed. Fear I will die.

Re: Fear of dentist. Extraction needed. Fear I will die.

I'm so glad you managed to get through that Wired. It sounds awful but at least it's over now. I have an appt tomorrow morning, a check up but no doubt another lecture.

My dog is acting very strange. He keeps trying to lick my face. He doesn't do this any other time. There was blood, so maybe he can smell it?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    The nerves in my gum don’t run true according to my dentist. Which is why I have to have the elephant drug.
    Elephant drug

I almost accepted the adrenaline shot towards the end. The nerve blocker injection isn't nice. I felt that touch the nerve.

I like to get everything out in a post. Helps me to look back at difficult times in life. It wasn't horrific at the time, it was more so "just get this out please I can't have this pain any longer". I've been taking a stoic approach to life recently, so I just told myself "this brief pain will be over in a moment". The alternative was stop the work, with an exposed nerve, taxi to hospital and sit around for god knows how long.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I'm so glad you managed to get through that Wired. It sounds awful but at least it's over now. I have an appt tomorrow morning, a check up but no doubt another lecture.
    I really dislike those lectures. They tell me I need to brush more, but if I brush more I'd brush away my teeth. I already brush twice a day, floss, use mouthwash. I have no enamel on my teeth from chemo 10 years ago. But they never bother to look at the records and just assume poor hygiene.

I think they're trying to upsell their over priced dental hygiene products

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    My dog is acting very strange. He keeps trying to lick my face. He doesn't do this any other time. There was blood, so maybe he can smell it?
    Glad things are better and you did well in a situation that would cause anyone anxiety.

Concerning your dog? Animals can sense when we're in pain or something is amiss. Before I was diagnosed with cancer, when I had symptoms (swollen hard glands), our cat Socrates (RIP) would come up in bed and sniff and snuggle into my neck and had a curiousness about those nodes. And then during and after treatment, he was virtually glued to me. He did the same with my wife when she came home from the hospital after her bought with encephalitis. He even slept on a blanket that she used the entire time she was gone. And recently, both our dog Tasha and out cat Constantine have been glued to wife as she had retinal eye surgery. It was complicated and she has a long road of recovery ahead of her but hopefully all will work out well. But the two of them have been pretty much glued to her. They come to me to play and feed them but they're nearly always within eye shot of her and our cat sleeps curled up on or next to her.

They know

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well done wired

Your visit was very similar to one of mine years ago.
    I was almost reliving it, lol. Not that it's funny, it certainly wasn't. Oh my the pain, you explain it well.
    And isn't it great when it stops.
    It's true that nerve pain can radiate, plue the brain sends pain signals to warn you something needs attention. And as I won't take painkillers I use the natural way of accepting the pain which is horrendous.
    All done for you now. You can have some peace now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Glad things are better and you did well in a situation that would cause anyone anxiety.

Concerning your dog? Animals can sense when we're in pain or something is amiss. Before I was diagnosed with cancer, when I had symptoms (swollen hard glands), our cat Socrates (RIP) would come up in bed and sniff and snuggle into my neck and had a curiousness about those nodes. And then during and after treatment, he was virtually glued to me. He did the same with my wife when she came home from the hospital after her bought with encephalitis. He even slept on a blanket that she used the entire time she was gone. And recently, both our dog Tasha and out cat Constantine have been glued to wife as she had retinal eye surgery. It was complicated and she has a long road of recovery ahead of her but hopefully all will work out well. But the two of them have been pretty much glued to her. They come to me to play and feed them but they're nearly always within eye shot of her and our cat sleeps curled up on or next to her.

They know

FMP
    That was a lovely read FMP. Thank you for sharing. Dogs and cats appear to have senses we can't fathom. And when you're going through a tough time they help so much. Before I had Loki I was convinced dogs didn't show love, and they didn't have feelings humans attribute to them. How wrong I was. I would find life difficult without Loki.

I hope your wife is doing OK. That sounds like a very scary procedure, far worse than the dentist. It's beautiful to read they're taking care of her.

Oh, before I hit reply there's something related. I choked on some pop the other week and he immediately jumped up whining. A few days later I tested something while he was lay upside down getting a belly rub next to me. I made a choking noise. I kept my eyes closed to see what he'd do. He immediately jumped up, whining, scratching me and licking my face.

At least I know if anything happened to me he'd probably alert the block to a problem.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Well done wired

Your visit was very similar to one of mine years ago.
    I was almost reliving it, lol. Not that it's funny, it certainly wasn't. Oh my the pain, you explain it well.
    And isn't it great when it stops.
    It's true that nerve pain can radiate, plue the brain sends pain signals to warn you something needs attention. And as I won't take painkillers I use the natural way of accepting the pain which is horrendous.
    All done for you now. You can have some peace now.
    It's wonderful when the pain stops. I woke up last night with fantom toothache and then realized there wasn't any toothache You are brave to not take pain killers. I used to be like that, but sometimes the pain is too much to manage.

My friend and my brother both told me they let the nerve die on its own because they were too scared to go dentist. I told them to sort that out because they have very good teeth. Unlike mine.

I've got to get dentures now. I'm ok with that. I'd much rather they took the front teeth too. Missing back teeth can't be seen. My front teeth are still a mess. They will come out eventually anyway, so I'd rather they did it now so I can enjoy the next 10 years of my life with confidence and a nice smile before I hit 50. A lot of life has been wasted because of the consequences of poor teeth. Both mentally, and physically.

☪️️

You were brave wired

It's still very painful. In some cases just as bad. There appears to be no infection and I'm taking the antibiotics. It seems more painful after I eat. I don't eat on that side. I think the ingredients in the food (acid, sugar, w/e) is getting in the hole and causing some jip. If feels like I just want to clench my teeth really hard. It's a strange type of pain but hurts non the less.

I stopped taking the cocodimol because they made me sick, and made me feel completely zonked out all the time.

I did my son a roast dinner yesterday. It looked so good, so I ate mash, soft veg, and a bit of chicken. Maybe too soon because it was ever so sore after that.

This sucks :(

And the worst part is, I have to go back for at least 3 fillings. But a tooth on the other side cracked while eating bread so no idea what's going to happen.

Just want it all to be over. I can't catch a break at the minute. If it's not one thing it's another. And all of this is affecting my anxiety so much. Constantly worried if I've got sepsis, or if I've been sick because it's spread to my heart. Now scared to walk the dog incase my body is too weak and it harms me. Why am I thinking so crazy?! I can't stop. Never been in a situation like this alone.

Dentist said my blood is thin too, which has been causing lots of Dr. Google. But I'm not surprised. I've not been able to eat properly since October, and before that was going through the breakup.

☪️️

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information